Do any of you guys have any real experience with business or designing games?

#1blazin640Posted 1/29/2013 2:54:38 PM
I'm curious. Most of these complaints kinda show otherwise.

Yeah every game has its flaws but look at every first game in a series. Overall the sequel improves everything maybe with the exception of charm, innovativeness, or a better story. Not saying they will have a sequel but they have loads to improve on and they still can improve now. You guys act like they still can't.

Superbot is relatively small and, this a big one, NEW. Making a game isn't as relatively easy as you guys make it out to be. Add other factors of business to that and you realize how hard things can be for them.

Does this mean I'm a 100% siding with Superbot? Maybe 85%. The 15% is because I can't account for everything they do and know there true motivation with certain things. Does that mean you have to like the game? Hell no. But since you SHOULD HAVE known the risk of buying from a new developer and with the technology we have now, you are mostly to blame (notice how I say mostly not fully).

The game has its issues, but just remember SB still can improve.
---
There goes my free time
#2blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:57:27 PM
And I know someone's gonna ask me how the purchaser is to blame for the issues the product has.

Internet is available folks. That's what this board is for. YouTube is also for use.

Case closed.
---
There goes my free time
#3NDgamer1122Posted 1/29/2013 3:15:06 PM
Given the standard set by Smash Bros, and the fact that this team is supposed to be comprised of "fighting game experts", it does feel rather underwhelming. This is in part Sony's fault for not giving it much support, neither financially nor through advertising, but there are some bad design decisions plaguing the game as well, like (and these are all my opinion) stage mash ups, lack of dedicated online servers, and lack of many online modes and options. There's also the whole debate of "supers only kill". I honestly wish they had both that and a knockback + ring out system, that way there'd be a lot more variety. It also just feels so rushed, and that's apparent due to the generally bad character balance, which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't gimped some characters with bad supers, the key focus of scoring and winning in this game.

Just my general thoughts.
#4LightEcoSagePosted 1/29/2013 3:15:49 PM
Im scared ....
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#5RainbowsaurusPosted 1/29/2013 3:17:41 PM
Mashups are awesome, resources be damned >:c

A few options would be nice of course (play pre/post mashup, etc), but I prefer them to just plain stages.
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
Continue?
#6NDgamer1122Posted 1/29/2013 3:20:57 PM

A few options would be nice of course (play pre/post mashup, etc), but I prefer them to just plain stages.

Yeah, I'd love the option, at least. Tired of mash ups ruining the stages. My rants on this are in a few other topics, so I won't get into it this time. But yeah, with the way they were executed, I do not much care for them. They could have at least done stuff that is thematically similar. Half the stages have clashing mash ups, and they look ugly.
#7blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:27:12 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Given the standard set by Smash Bros, and the fact that this team is supposed to be comprised of "fighting game experts", it does feel rather underwhelming. This is in part Sony's fault for not giving it much support, neither financially nor through advertising, but there are some bad design decisions plaguing the game as well, like (and these are all my opinion) stage mash ups, lack of dedicated online servers, and lack of many online modes and options. There's also the whole debate of "supers only kill". I honestly wish they had both that and a knockback + ring out system, that way there'd be a lot more variety. It also just feels so rushed, and that's apparent due to the generally bad character balance, which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't gimped some characters with bad supers, the key focus of scoring and winning in this game.

Just my general thoughts.

Standards mean little. Expectation is what ruined it for you. Stage mashups are unique so I'm ok with that, servers are bad but new studio so its kinda expected, lack of other online modes is odd, knock back ring out wouldn't make sense for this game plus people would get pissed at that for copying.

Regarding character balance, every game has its flaws. How was superbot suppose to know about hit confirms and such before hand without letting everyone play the full roster BEFORE the game came out. You gotta realize that some stuff on paper can look good, but without the world playing it, you can't know how good/bad the idea is.
---
There goes my free time
#8Ludacris01Posted 1/29/2013 3:29:11 PM
Do any of you guys have any real experience with business or designing games?"

Yes, actually. In regards to the business part.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#9RainbowsaurusPosted 1/29/2013 3:30:11 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...

Yeah, I'd love the option, at least. Tired of mash ups ruining the stages. My rants on this are in a few other topics, so I won't get into it this time. But yeah, with the way they were executed, I do not much care for them. They could have at least done stuff that is thematically similar. Half the stages have clashing mash ups, and they look ugly.

Well yeah, I can agree with that. I've just been seeing a lot of people bash mashups because they waste resources.
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
Continue?
#10blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:30:27 PM
Mainly the issue we complain about now was not known to superbot, besides lack of modes and character intros and etc, even with testing.

When you make something, its hard for you to see its flaws. Having a small group test the game is great, but doesn't fully account for the thousands of players who will see and play in ways the testers didn't and experience glitches that they have not.
---
There goes my free time