I'm probly the best on this board 1v1

#131kingtracePosted 1/30/2013 6:34:04 PM
zerogravity399 posted...
kingtrace posted...
zerogravity399 posted...
AssassinHawkins posted...
zerogravity399 posted...
I can't believe people still use this board. There is absolutely nothing left to discuss about the game. It's been released, everything has been said and done, etc. Why bother sticking around? I don't get it. I stopped playing a week after I got it because there was just no appeal anymore. The DLC is coming out but aside from that, it's pretty much a dying experience.

You know what's more pathetic? Some one who stopped playing a game after a week but still gets on the boards. I can't believe people would do that.

Yeah, because resorting to cheap insults and belittling somebody is always an effective and civilized way to convey your point in a discussion. And I am pathetic. Big understatement.

He wasn't cheaply insulting you, he has a pretty legit point. I don't understand why if you hate the game so much you'd come on here specifically for the purpose of mocking people who actually enjoy the game. You, sir, are silly. How's that for a petty insult?

Not really. Nowhere did I state that I hated the game. That's your own poor interpretation. I simply said that I don't enjoy the game as much as I used too, because I have grown bored of it. I still check the forums occasionally to see if there is any updates on the status of the upcoming DLC. But aside from that, I was saying that there is no reason people need to hang out on this board anymore, and that's nothing short of the truth. There isn't anything left to discuss. So why bother investing your valuable time on this board? Why give it so much attention and just clutter it with troll topics?

Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that we'd stepped into the zone where 'played for a week and thought it was alright but at this point I'd likely not pick it up again because there's nothing I like about it anymore' and 'hate' are worlds apart. And as for reasons, there are character speculation threads, game discussion threads, tornement threads, silly joke threads, and new combos, exploits, and strategies come up here all the time. There's plenty of reason to be here, and I don't appreciate someone insinuating I'm wasting time.
#132ninjatrinityPosted 1/30/2013 6:40:00 PM
kingtrace posted...
zerogravity399 posted...
kingtrace posted...
zerogravity399 posted...
zerogravity399 posted...
<quote.

Yeah, because resorting to cheap insults and belittling somebody is always an effective and civilized way to convey your point in a discussion. And I am pathetic. Big understatement.

He wasn't cheaply insulting you, he has a pretty legit point. I don't understand why if you hate the game so much you'd come on here specifically for the purpose of mocking people who actually enjoy the game. You, sir, are silly. How's that for a petty insult?

Not really. Nowhere did I state that I hated the game. That's your own poor interpretation. I simply said that I don't enjoy the game as much as I used too, because I have grown bored of it. I still check the forums occasionally to see if there is any updates on the status of the upcoming DLC. But aside from that, I was saying that there is no reason people need to hang out on this board anymore, and that's nothing short of the truth. There isn't anything left to discuss. So why bother investing your valuable time on this board? Why give it so much attention and just clutter it with troll topics?

Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that we'd stepped into the zone where 'played for a week and thought it was alright but at this point I'd likely not pick it up again because there's nothing I like about it anymore' and 'hate' are worlds apart. And as for reasons, there are character speculation threads, game discussion threads, tornement threads, silly joke threads, and new combos, exploits, and strategies come up here all the time. There's plenty of reason to be here, and I don't appreciate someone insinuating I'm wasting time.

You don't like somebody implying that you're wasting time on the internet? Truth hurts man. That tends to happen when you don't have a social life, nor a job, or any merits to by. The only thing you can cling to is this external reality you call a life. When you devote as much of your personal time to the internet as you do, you tend to become disillusioned by reality and lose sight of what you're doing. It's ok. Extensive amounts of therapy should allow you to get your life back on track. I have faith in you sir.
#133AssassinHawkinsPosted 1/30/2013 6:40:26 PM
Seattle1234 posted...
kingtrace posted...
ninjatrinity posted...
zerogravity399 posted...
I can't believe people still use this board. There is absolutely nothing left to discuss about the game. It's been released, everything has been said and done, etc. Why bother sticking around? I don't get it. I stopped playing a week after I got it because there was just no appeal anymore. The DLC is coming out but aside from that, it's pretty much a dying experience.

You know what's more pathetic? Some one who stopped playing a game after a week but still gets on the boards. I can't believe people would do that.

You realize calling somebody else pathetic just exemplifies your own weaknesses and lowers the overall credibility of your words? You aren't really doing anybody any favors. I don't understand why people like you need to jump the gun and insult somebody for simply stating their thoughts in a rational manner. No need to act like that. Your poor parents might put up with that at home, but nobody on the internet will or needs too.

His post was in no way rational or simple. He's saying that people should no longer be using this board because he himself finds the game boring. I'm not even the one who responded and I find myself offended by your defense of someone who hijacked a topic to whine about his experience and basically said 'I think this sucks, why doesn't everyone else?'

Pretty sure ZeroGravity meant that people should no longer be using the board because there is nothing left to discuss about the game. And I kind of agree. This board has become a breeding ground for trolls and you guys are just adding fire to the fuel.. Stop giving this board so much unneeded attention. Let it die out already. Everything has already been said and done.

There is no need to belittle other people's hobbies or preferences just because you and he don't think it's worthwhile.

Also,
14: Provisional (5)New account with less than 3 karma.
Account CreatedWednesday, January 30, 2013 5:30 PM
Karma0
Active Messages Posted2
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#134kingtracePosted 1/30/2013 6:45:51 PM
Wow, that hurt. A complete stranger is speculating that the time I spend on this particular chat board far exceeds the times I spend in real life? And even funnier, that stranger is engaging in similar behaviors to the ones I exhibited that caused him to speculate this?

Also, therapy isn't my cup a tea. Tried it once in middle school, didn't really help much. Talking to my fiancee is better and doesn't cost as much. Though she's almost as 'lifeless' as I am, so maybe couple's therapy?
#135AssassinHawkinsPosted 1/30/2013 6:48:32 PM(edited)
ninjatrinity posted...

You don't like somebody implying that you're wasting time on the internet? Truth hurts man. That tends to happen when you don't have a social life, nor a job, or any merits to by. The only thing you can cling to is this external reality you call a life. When you devote as much of your personal time to the internet as you do, you tend to become disillusioned by reality and lose sight of what you're doing. It's ok. Extensive amounts of therapy should allow you to get your life back on track. I have faith in you sir.

What about people who waste time on the Internet just to insult people because they like something different than you? People who try to put down others to make themselves feel better. Yeah, I think that's worse than somebody who just gets on a message board to talk about a game.

Also, both you and Seattle1234's accounts were made today... Just a few minutes ago...
---
#136CrabhammarPosted 1/30/2013 6:50:26 PM
Assault of the alts!
---
PSN: Bluechacho
I can't see your messages on the Vita! Sorry guys! :S
#137kingtracePosted 1/30/2013 6:52:11 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Assault of the alts!

Alt assault... Damn, that sounds almost as cool as Ape Escape. XD
#138AssassinHawkinsPosted 1/30/2013 6:54:37 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Assault of the alts!

Attack of the alts!

Reminds me of how dissapointed and unbelieving I was when I heard StarWars Episode II was going to be called Attack of the Clones... I thought it was a joke.
---
#139KarstienPosted 1/30/2013 7:09:50 PM
Didn't he claim undefeated in the first post? Then what is this about Rlaur winning most of his matches against him? Proof he's an idiot if nothing else.
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Practice can never make perfect...but we can get damn close.
#140DrunkenMegamanPosted 1/30/2013 7:19:15 PM
Kindertotenwald posted...
DrunkenMegaman posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...
DrunkenMegaman posted...
sinxsader posted...
Is it even possible to get out of Ratchets level 1 when he grabs you and throws you to an edge?

No, it's completely impossible unless you're on a platform that you can fall through.

But thats a completely false statement though.

How can you avoid it then?

Characters Sly can teleport out of it and there may be some new tech that allows anyone to escape.

What about Spike? I'm pretty sure that his teleport is too slow to escape in time.

Can Toro do it?
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Was it redemption? Not really, it was pathetic desperation and not much else."- Max Payne