Sly's worst MU, for those interested.

#1CrabhammarPosted 1/30/2013 6:10:48 AM
The glorious, thong-rockin' Heihachi.

Here's the breakdown:
-The most important feature that most people already know: Sly CANNOT escape Heihachi's Forward Square to Level 1 hitconfirm. He can't: whereas others could roll out of it, Sly's teleport just isn't fast enough.
-Oh, but it doesn't stop there: Heihachi doesn't really rely on projectiles, completely sidestepping Sly's far away counter and barrel.
-Heihachi's Down Triangle can break Sly's mine.
-Because of all this, Sly won't do well on the ground. However, with a charged (Down Circle) air Neutral Triangle, Heihachi can get a whopping 90 AP in the air and slap Sly away to recharge, whereas Sly's best air move (Up Square, Square) gets ~35 AP and bring Heihachi to... the ground.
-Heihachi has a counter too. TWO CAN PLAY THE COUNTER GAME YOU RAT BASTA- *ahem*. However, due to the Sly rolling problem, Sly can't dodge Counter - Level 1 either. Things are just not looking good for Sly today.
-Just a tidbit, but Heihachi had a better "camp incentive" than Sly: Heihachi can charge his glowy red hands in his spare time while Sly just sits there twiddling his thumbs.

And there you have it! Finally, something defeats the Glorious Raccoon God.

tl;dr (for Icy): Japanese man better melee than talking raccoon.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#2Lucarioaura22Posted 1/30/2013 6:39:14 AM
Sly CAN teleport out. I showed Heroic. Instead of holding left or right when you teleport, just do neutral teleport to end up right behind him. Not sure why it only works when it's not left or right (maybe it's quicker without holding direction) but Sly can still get out.
---
We do what we must.................
#3Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:49:01 AM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Sly CAN teleport out. I showed Heroic. Instead of holding left or right when you teleport, just do neutral teleport to end up right behind him. Not sure why it only works when it's not left or right (maybe it's quicker without holding direction) but Sly can still get out.

Huh. That sucks.

Heihachi BACKWARDS Level 1!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
#4Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:32:40 AM
bump damnit
---
#5Lucarioaura22Posted 1/30/2013 8:42:02 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...

Huh. That sucks.

Heihachi BACKWARDS Level 1!

It's slow enough that people with poor reaction still have a good chance of getting out or letting the Heihachi turn around and waste the super.
---
We do what we must.................
#6Aalz-7Posted 1/31/2013 9:01:09 PM
Idk man.
Sly's counter thwarts heihachis best projectile, the bowling pins.
Lets not forget that hell axles on a grounded sly just don't work, because of his weird hitbox. The first hit of his sT will land, but he will whiff the second, thus knocking off a healthy amount of ap burst options. Luckily, Hei can still get his hell axles in if preceded by spinning demon.
Heihachis counter also doesn't not leave sly grounded as much as you'd like. Many of slys moves, when countered, will leave him in the air, not allowing for a good combo.
I also used to find sly my best match up because of iron hand into level one, but if the teleport thing is true, then we don't got much against sly.
---
Heihachi main
Psn: Aalz-7
#7Charizard18Posted 1/31/2013 9:09:36 PM
No, Sly's worst matchup is Parappa. Do I really have to explain this again? *sigh* Sly only infinite ftw.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#8PielordXPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:28 PM
Charizard18 posted...
No, Sly's worst matchup is Parappa. Do I really have to explain this again? *sigh* Sly only infinite ftw.

whoa whoa hold up

so uh, what infinite ;)
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#9IcyFlamez96Posted 1/31/2013 9:12:22 PM
PielordX posted...
Charizard18 posted...

whoa whoa hold up

so uh, what infinite ;)

That's classified.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#10Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:14:13 PM(edited)
PielordX posted...
Charizard18 posted...

whoa whoa hold up

so uh, what infinite ;)

That doesn't count because it's disgustingly unfair

Classified.

---