Insomniac isn't doing so well...

#1blaze19_0XPosted 1/30/2013 12:05:27 PM(edited)
http://www.gamingunion.net/news/insomniac-games-share-your-frustration-with-ratchet-and-clank-full-frontal-assault--8721.html

To think this is the same company that made the original Spyro trilogy and then the (mostly) quality RnC games.

But they've been going really downhill lately. All 4 1 seemed average at best from the little I played of it, FFA is being called bad by virtually everyone and now they are releasing another generic FPS shooter (name escapes me) soon.
#2SelitePosted 1/30/2013 12:03:13 PM
Fuse I think it's called.

From what I've read its not completely generic, it has classes.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#3Charizard18Posted 1/30/2013 12:04:08 PM
I had fun with A4O.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#4NDgamer1122Posted 1/30/2013 12:04:19 PM
I wish they could buy back Spyro from Activision, but given Skylander's success, I doubt they'd give up Spyro for less than a million kajillion dollars :I
#5NecternPosted 1/30/2013 12:05:53 PM
Insomniac is fine.

All 4 One was an experiment. Now we know people do not want Co-Op Ratchet in that form.

The Collection was actually great. Everyone loved it.

Full Frontal Assault was a game made for the fans. In now way was it a "full" game. It was a mini adventure to help celebrate the series 10th anniversary. Alot of R&C fans actually loved it, it got slammed in the reviews because people expected another A Crack in Time.

I have no opinion on Fuse, not even interested so you got me on that one, but Insomniac always makes quality games.

---------------------------

Wait for the next "main" and "full" Ratchet&Clank title. We should just be thankful they are supporting the series as much as they are.

Wish Naughtydog would do this with Jak...
---
http://i.imgur.com/sSU7i.gif
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1105/charactergif.gif
#6legendofskylandPosted 1/30/2013 12:10:55 PM
Nectern posted...
Insomniac is fine.

All 4 One was an experiment. Now we know people do not want Co-Op Ratchet in that form.

Full Frontal Assault was a game made for the fans. In now way was it a "full" game. It was a mini adventure to help celebrate the series 10th anniversary. Alot of R&C fans actually loved it, it got slammed in the reviews because people expected another A Crack in Time.

I have no opinion on Fuse, not even interested so you got me on that one, but Insomniac always makes quality games.

Wait for the next "main" and "full" Ratchet&Clank title. We should just be thankful they are supporting the series as much as they are.

Last i heard ND were working on a different type of Jak, but dropped it because it felt to different, and nothing like the old games.
3 words: Realistic, speechless, Daxter
If that's the kind of direction they were about to go with I think they're better off leaving the Jak series buried in peace IMO
#7IcyFlamez96Posted 1/30/2013 8:25:51 PM
Nectern posted...
Insomniac is fine.

Just from reading that article it's almost like I can feel some tension going on between Sony and Insomniac since they went multiplatform...

The Ratchet series is fine though. Like you said. A4O was just Insomniac trying something new for a change. So many people think Ratchet is dead after these last two games. Its like people think that they're never going to make another standard R&C game.

I still hope for co-op in a standard R&C game though. Sure A4O was made co-op because of fan demand, but it wasn't bashed because it was co-op exactly. They pretty much took away they structure and formula of a standard R&C game for a more linear, on the rails, party like game almost. I'm sure fans would still love a co-op R&C as long as it still keeps the same structure as normal R&C games.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#8sinncrossPosted 1/30/2013 9:21:32 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
. All 4 1 seemed average at best from the little I played of it,

You know what, I know A4O is not classic Ratchet, but my friends and I had a blast playing through the game.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#9IcyFlamez96Posted 1/30/2013 9:30:11 PM(edited)
It was boring as heck to me alone at least. I played half of it with my friend but then his PS+ ran out.

FFA's online is really good though.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#10PyroSparkPosted 1/30/2013 9:30:46 PM
They need to go back to making awesome single player R&C games instead of that creepy cell shaded co-op stuff.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7