The Dante BnB Topic

#1tomandsamPosted 1/30/2013 4:59:32 PM
Since I feel like Dante has the most freedom in the combos he does, it would be interesting to see what people have come up with for their Bread 'n' Butter combos.

Mine is: (1 = square, 2 = triangle, 3 = circle)
1-1-1-U1-1-1-U1-2-F3-1
It builds 131-136 AP, depending on how long you use the guns, and most of the combo is in the air, so it's difficult to interrupt. This is in non-1v1 situations, as obviously combos can't be interrupted in 1v1, so more AP-building combos can be done.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#2CrabhammarPosted 1/30/2013 5:00:57 PM
SSS, T, EC, SSS, TT, sS to uS real fast, SSuS, T to sC to S real fast.

In the upper 170s of AP
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3tomandsam(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:04:18 PM
I had no idea you could cancel a ground Angel Dash into Up Square. I might include that to help raise the AP on my combo.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#4jhoke13Posted 1/30/2013 5:54:28 PM(edited)
Not too practicle unless you know you wont be interupted and there are better AP combos, but this looks stylish:

SSS, T, EC, SSS, T, sC (forward or back), dS (down-back to turn around), T, sC, dS, uT, a.sC, S

Around 160 AP and looks damn good when you pull it off.
---
XBL:Element H
PSN:Element_H13
#5KarstienPosted 1/30/2013 5:37:45 PM
My personal combo is my favorite for the reason of being high enough AP and faster than the higher AP ones. Here.

S S S, Empty Cancel, S S S, Up S, Forward S S S, Forward triangle, forward circle, S.

Have to be fast with the last input after the midair osiris combo to get the last square, but it will burst for 156 ap and is fast as far as most bursts go.
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Practice can never make perfect...but we can get damn close.
#6SelitePosted 1/30/2013 5:41:53 PM
I just started playing Dante, I'm too much of a scrub and can't empty cancel so I just go for:

1, 1, 1, U1, 1,1, 2, u3

Yours seems doable, I'll try that out next time I'm on.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#7KarstienPosted 1/30/2013 5:43:48 PM
Selite posted...
I just started playing Dante, I'm too much of a scrub and can't empty cancel so I just go for:

1, 1, 1, U1, 1,1, 2, u3

Yours seems doable, I'll try that out next time I'm on.

You don't have to empty cancel with mine, you can bold cancel instead (up triangle, then instantly counter as soon as you press it) It will still work, just slower. And doesn't get heihachi...
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Practice can never make perfect...but we can get damn close.
#8ShorydoukenPosted 1/30/2013 5:44:32 PM
[]x3, Tri., >O, Down [], Tri., >O, ^[], []x2, Tri., ^O. I Haven't tried it yet but maybe you can combo his air ^[] into Tri. and then ^O