Why don't people like 1 vs 1 mode in this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Why don't people like 1 vs 1 mode in this game?

User Info: AstralUltra

AstralUltra
3 years ago#1
I just played Naruko my first real 1 vs 1 opponent and I had a blast. I won with BD and Sweet Tooth too who people say are useless? I saw a tier list and it had BD on the bottom :/

Btw we played only on the small training stage I think that helped make the matches go by smoothly. I think some complaints might be other stages that are not that good for 1 vs 1?

I dunno.
PSN: MagnitudeRequiem

User Info: --crashbfan

--crashbfan
3 years ago#2
I only hate fighting Toro and Fat Princess in 1v1, they air camp and confirm easy kills. Everything else is pretty fun though.
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
3 years ago#3
Big Daddy is one of the worst characters I think but that doesn't mean you cant destroy with him.

Most people here like 1v1 actually, but there are a lot who don't. I do think a lot of the characters aren't balanced for 1v1 though.
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K

User Info: Zanoooo

Zanoooo
3 years ago#4
Because chars like e.cole, fat princess and toro suck all the fun out of 1v1 with their constant air camping and good lv1 setups(see fatty p and e.cole)
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman

AstralUltra
3 years ago#5
Haha well I use a bit of FP and Evil Cole myself and I don't think they are unbeatable in 1 vs 1, just have to know their options you know?

User Info: PyroSpark

PyroSpark
3 years ago#6
Because it's like smash bros. in a way that the tiers can be very strict.

I.E. A good Raiden will never lose to a big daddy. Raiden would have to be drunk because he can punish every single move in Big Daddy's arsenal. A lot of matchups are just tragic.
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7

AstralUltra
3 years ago#7
PyroSpark posted...

I.E. A good Raiden will never lose to a big daddy. Raiden would have to be drunk because he can punish every single move in Big Daddy's arsenal. A lot of matchups are just tragic.

I will not argue there. Even though I haven't played one, I'm sure a good Raiden would destroy my Big Daddy xD.But I think he has okay matchups against most of the cast. Maybe not the top tiers...So balance is the only reason then? Well no fighting game is completely balanced.

User Info: PielordX

PielordX
3 years ago#8
When someone picks an air camp character, it instantly becomes a long drawn out match.
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass

User Info: Zanoooo

Zanoooo
3 years ago#9
PyroSpark posted...

I disagree with this alot, the mu even or at least 6:4 in raidens favor. Big D can easily punish raiden's moves with his armor.

If you want an abysmal match up, see big daddy vs e.cole. Cole just rapes the **** out of big daddy, cole has better movement, better projectiles and his amazing punch stops everything and controls the flow of the match easily.
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman

User Info: blazin640

blazin640
3 years ago#10
IcyFlamez96 posted...

I do think a lot of the characters aren't balanced for 1v1 though.

Ehh, your opinion, but not necessarily true . Thats what practice is for.
There goes my free time
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Why don't people like 1 vs 1 mode in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
SMS teases PSASBR on Twitter?SSBR1071/17 5:44PM