Why don't people like 1 vs 1 mode in this game?

#1AstralUltraPosted 1/30/2013 8:41:23 PM
I just played Naruko my first real 1 vs 1 opponent and I had a blast. I won with BD and Sweet Tooth too who people say are useless? I saw a tier list and it had BD on the bottom :/

Btw we played only on the small training stage I think that helped make the matches go by smoothly. I think some complaints might be other stages that are not that good for 1 vs 1?

I dunno.
---
PSN: MagnitudeRequiem
#2--crashbfanPosted 1/30/2013 8:43:57 PM
I only hate fighting Toro and Fat Princess in 1v1, they air camp and confirm easy kills. Everything else is pretty fun though.
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#3IcyFlamez96Posted 1/30/2013 8:44:29 PM
Big Daddy is one of the worst characters I think but that doesn't mean you cant destroy with him.

Most people here like 1v1 actually, but there are a lot who don't. I do think a lot of the characters aren't balanced for 1v1 though.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#4ZanooooPosted 1/30/2013 8:45:01 PM
Because chars like e.cole, fat princess and toro suck all the fun out of 1v1 with their constant air camping and good lv1 setups(see fatty p and e.cole)
---
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman
#5AstralUltra(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:46:19 PM
Haha well I use a bit of FP and Evil Cole myself and I don't think they are unbeatable in 1 vs 1, just have to know their options you know?
---
#6PyroSparkPosted 1/30/2013 8:46:39 PM
Because it's like smash bros. in a way that the tiers can be very strict.

I.E. A good Raiden will never lose to a big daddy. Raiden would have to be drunk because he can punish every single move in Big Daddy's arsenal. A lot of matchups are just tragic.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#7AstralUltra(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:50:48 PM
PyroSpark posted...

I.E. A good Raiden will never lose to a big daddy. Raiden would have to be drunk because he can punish every single move in Big Daddy's arsenal. A lot of matchups are just tragic.

I will not argue there. Even though I haven't played one, I'm sure a good Raiden would destroy my Big Daddy xD.But I think he has okay matchups against most of the cast. Maybe not the top tiers...So balance is the only reason then? Well no fighting game is completely balanced.
---
#8PielordXPosted 1/30/2013 8:51:04 PM
When someone picks an air camp character, it instantly becomes a long drawn out match.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#9ZanooooPosted 1/30/2013 8:52:02 PM
PyroSpark posted...

I disagree with this alot, the mu even or at least 6:4 in raidens favor. Big D can easily punish raiden's moves with his armor.

If you want an abysmal match up, see big daddy vs e.cole. Cole just rapes the **** out of big daddy, cole has better movement, better projectiles and his amazing punch stops everything and controls the flow of the match easily.
---
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman
#10blazin640Posted 1/30/2013 8:52:05 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

I do think a lot of the characters aren't balanced for 1v1 though.

Ehh, your opinion, but not necessarily true . Thats what practice is for.
---
There goes my free time