my 2v2 tier list

#31PyroSparkPosted 1/31/2013 11:35:30 AM
I definitely agree with this tier list for the most part. Can't find anything I disagree with in particular.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#32Lucarioaura22Posted 1/31/2013 11:39:50 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
With that being said I don't doubt that tournament didn't exemplify top level play at all but that's largely because nobody is really at top level play yet.

People say it will take a long time to really reach top level play but this isn't a game that requires extensive play and constant practice and it has been out for about 2 months now correct? All you need to do is learn the BnB's of a character, get used to them and just play against the cast to understand the matchup. I know that's pretty much the same in any fighting game but it won't take long in this game especially with some of the brain dead stuff.

Well I do not deny the depth is fairly lacking in the game compared to other fighters including Smash. I think that might be partially because characters don't have more options. Superbot adding dashing alone would open up so much more potential.

And at the end of the day when you only have one way to kill at any given time, that really is limiting. Your game is going to center around that.

All the same I think some things are yet to be discovered and mastered. For instance, PSASBR is like a 95% air based game yet nobody seems amazing at air juggling frame traps yet. The best I've played against at it is Dabuz and even he's not the greatest.

That's because there really aren't many air juggling options or frame traps and in this game, the air is the safest place to be 90% of the time. When you look at characters movesets, you clearly see there really isn't any way to truly juggle an opponent in the air which is why people try to keep you on the ground like Sweet Tooth or FP. I think if there is a PSASBR 2, they need to change a couple of things so the gameplay between skilled players don't feel so dry.

It's true that most characters have mediocre juggle games. I was mainly referring to characters with decent juggle games.

Anyway, I mainly agree with you. I come from a competitive Smash background (as well as Street Fighter) and I played Brawl for the first time in a month yesterday. It just felt so much better and smoother. I felt I actually had options once again and was being rewarded for skill. And all I was doing was playing level 9s lol. But it felt so good.

My biggest issue with PSASBR is that it virtually has no footsies, air camping is the dominant strategy 95% of the time and most characters lack mixups.

Yes and those who are Pro players using characters with decent juggle game just can't keep up with the safety that the air offers. I play many fighters from brawl, street fighter, Blazblue, and more and in all of those games I punish those who take to the air easily but not this game lol. I wish Wario was in this game so I can fart after baiting the air dodge ^_^
---
We do what we must.................
#33blaze19_0XPosted 1/31/2013 11:47:15 AM(edited)

Yes and those who are Pro players using characters with decent juggle game just can't keep up with the safety that the air offers. I play many fighters from brawl, street fighter, Blazblue, and more and in all of those games I punish those who take to the air easily but not this game lol. I wish Wario was in this game so I can fart after baiting the air dodge ^_^

If you are interested in playing Brawl or SF4:AE with me just let me know.

And yeah I've been saying it for ages. In every other fighting game being in the air (especially really high) puts you at a disadvantage for most characters. In PSASBR being on the ground is being at a disadvantage. What Superbot were thinking I'll never understand.

Or as Crabhammer put it "The Floor is Lava: The Game".
#34CrabhammarPosted 1/31/2013 11:55:05 AM
blaze19_0X posted...

And yeah I've been saying it for ages. In every other fighting game being in the air (especially really high) puts you at a disadvantage for most characters. In PSASBR being on the ground is being at a disadvantage. What Superbot were thinking I'll never understand.

Well, it is pretty a pretty hot floor.

But, I have seen this Lavafloor effect becoming a natural part of many people's strategies online. Everyone's in the air these days, and as a G. Cole main, I have it really good, but it's still very obnoxious. It does benefit my Level 1 quite a bit because I can easily Level 1 people off a hard knockdown; instead of rolling like they usually would, people are jumping on wakeup. Poor, poor chumps.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#35blaze19_0XPosted 1/31/2013 12:02:10 PM
Crabhammar posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

But, I have seen this Lavafloor effect becoming a natural part of many people's strategies online. Everyone's in the air these days, and as a G. Cole main, I have it really good, but it's still very obnoxious. It does benefit my Level 1 quite a bit because I can easily Level 1 people off a hard knockdown; instead of rolling like they usually would, people are jumping on wakeup. Poor, poor chumps.

I don't mean to brag but:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64916476

Totally called it.
#36BkzUziPosted 1/31/2013 12:17:42 PM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Dopples posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Camjo_Z posted...
blazin640 posted...
Until you play them, you don't have the right to say that.

Nah, I watched the stream myself for a while but had to turn it off because it physically hurt to watch the "best of the best" act like idiots the whole time. Top tier characters lost easy matchups, people rarely worked together, and nobody could grab to save their lives. Some awful playing all around.

This. I should've teamed up with HeroicMoises or Dabux and we would've taken that tournament with ease.

Then why didn't you?

Unfortunately I have to deal with stupid real life stuff -_- I wish I had time to go to events like these.

lol excuses
#37PyroSparkPosted 1/31/2013 12:18:36 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Crabhammar posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

I don't mean to brag but:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64916476

Totally called it.

Nice prediction. Especially that early.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#38Lucarioaura22Posted 1/31/2013 12:48:12 PM
BkzUzi posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Dopples posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Camjo_Z posted...
blazin640 posted...

This. I should've teamed up with HeroicMoises or Dabux and we would've taken that tournament with ease.

Then why didn't you?

Unfortunately I have to deal with stupid real life stuff -_- I wish I had time to go to events like these.

lol excuses

Awwww rats! You got me -______-
---
We do what we must.................