So completely honest question to Drake users.

#11xPainisCupcakexPosted 1/31/2013 4:06:18 PM
I think people aren't using him to his full potential. The common Drake online spams barrels, yet I never find myself using either neutral triangle or barrels. I forgot barrels existed and still had no problem winning.
#12tomandsamPosted 1/31/2013 4:07:22 PM
He does require no skill. I still use him, but generally only when I get annoyed online by lag, Drakes, etc. Even his AP burst requires no skill, and starts on a safe, ranged punch. He also gets a guaranteed ~70 AP or Level 1 kill off an attack that is a completely guaranteed hit if he just uses it randomly.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but I believe Drake is the most overpowered character in the game, and the only one that can destroy high-leveled players with no skill required, just knowledge of a few moves.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#13CrabhammarPosted 1/31/2013 4:11:45 PM
tomandsam posted...
He does require no skill. I still use him, but generally only when I get annoyed online by lag, Drakes, etc. Even his AP burst requires no skill, and starts on a safe, ranged punch. He also gets a guaranteed ~70 AP or Level 1 kill off an attack that is a completely guaranteed hit if he just uses it randomly.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but I believe Drake is the most overpowered character in the game, and the only one that can destroy high-leveled players with no skill required, just knowledge of a few moves.

How do you feel about Sly?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#14MajesticFerretPosted 1/31/2013 4:13:39 PM
Especially when there's two Raidens in one team.

Raiden x Raiden is not that good of a team at all.

And Drake is 100x more brain dead than Raiden. Raiden takes timing and you need skill to get around good zoners.

Drake is probably the king of zoning, so there's no out zoning Drake other than another Drake, and maybe Sackboy because his fan counters the barrel, but Sackboy is practically a unicorn online nowadays so it isn't a problem.

I don't know about him being completely OP, but I'd say Drake is easily just as good as Kratos and never understood why people whined about him and not Drake.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#15XenoFFvsPosted 1/31/2013 4:17:56 PM
Imo he does take skill to use. I'll admit that he is one of the best characters in the game but that doesn't mean he doesn't require any tactics or techniques.

Yes the barrel is annoying and yes I spam the hell out of it. But it's a part of his core gameplay style, and it's not too hard to work arpund. Maybe it's just because I use him so much but when I play against another Drake I anticipate the barrel and plan accordingly.

As far as FFA tho, I think Drake is top 3 for sure, his lvl.1 easily gets double and triple kills like nobodies business.

Still, I base a cgaracters strength on their 1v1 potential and in that regard Drake DOES take skill.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#16CrabhammarPosted 1/31/2013 4:18:14 PM
MajesticFerret posted...

And Drake is 100x more brain dead than Raiden. Raiden takes timing and you need skill to get around good zoners.

Drake is probably the king of zoning, so there's no out zoning Drake other than another Drake, and maybe Sackboy because his fan counters the barrel, but Sackboy is practically a unicorn online nowadays so it isn't a problem.

I don't know about him being completely OP, but I'd say Drake is easily just as good as Kratos and never understood why people whined about him and not Drake.

I think Ratchet is the zoning king. Dat protective wall, dat guardbreak/knockback move, dat Agents of Doom, etc.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#17Pink_a_Dink(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:30:41 PM(edited)
MajesticFerret posted...

I disagree I think two Raidens is just overkill. Me and another Raiden were 2v2ing against a Sackboy and Parappa just now. We destroyed the Parappa in mere minutes then practically toyed around with the dumb Sackboy who was desperately trying to get his level 3 by camping in a corner. Raiden might not be as brain dead as Drake, but I think he takes less skill because you can just spam square on your opponents and get your level 3 in less than a minute. At least Drake requires some knowledge of how to do stuff because first time picking him up you're definitely gonna be confused.

Edit: Also, I just beat a 2v1 against a Fat Princess and E Cole while the E Cole kept taunting because they finished my partner off within the first minute. I feel proud :)
---
Been a member of GameFAQs for 2 years now, and am barely now putting up a sig lol.
#18boy_luckPosted 1/31/2013 4:47:02 PM
The best zoner in the game is Spike. I've seen very good Spikes utterly destroy Drakes and Ratchets all over. The bananarang destroys absolutely everything. It has a million points of durability. The peels are very annoying, he has that monkey invincible proyectile, the startup on his up square is zero, so it's the fastest in the game (even faster than Drake's down square and Kratos' neutral square), builds AP faster than Drake and can stay in the air for very long periods of time.

Now, I'm not saying Spike is better than Drake or whatever, but as far as zoning goes, he's the best, even better than Sackboy.

That said, Drake is definitely beginner-friendly, but using him effectively takes skill, like any other character.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png