Who has the worst set of supers in the game?

#21Chzrm3Posted 2/1/2013 12:05:00 PM
Any answer besides Spike is wrong. In a 1 v 1, all of Spike's supers = 1 kill, it's just varying degrees of difficulty.

In 2 v 2 Spike's kinda fun because my partner can set up kills for me, and vice versa. I use shock cannons to set up kills for my brother and it's pretty effective, since he doesn't have to deal with the ridiculous timing window. XD
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#22TerotrousPosted 2/1/2013 12:57:58 PM
Charizard18 posted...
lololol, if you seriously think this you really must not have a whole lot of experience with Toro. Probably just picked him up for an hour and gave up when he wasn't easy to use and then decided to come here to pretend to spew your l33tpr0fightinggamexpertise all over the place like you do.

I'm not entirely sure how to explain things to a brick wall, and I don't plan to, but Toro is easily one of the better characters to rack up kills with. If you know what you're doing with him, of course.

I've played Toro plenty, he was actually one of the first characters I was planning to use. Virtually all Toros, even at tournaments, do virtually nothing but spam Oni Toro's divekick, which is really easy to block and punish, especially when it's the only thing you're doing.

Besides, if you wanted to do that, just use Fat Princess. Air Sword Soldier is like a Divekick, except you don't have to commit to it and people can't punish or counter it. She even gets better rewards for landing it, and she has much better versatility than he does with her other moves.

Toro's kill potential simply isn't very good. People who think otherwise are likely used to playing against bad players who don't know how to dodge his level 2, which is a completely useless super outside of 2v2, and even then it's not great.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#23Charizard18Posted 2/1/2013 1:02:45 PM
Terotrous posted...
Charizard18 posted...
lololol, if you seriously think this you really must not have a whole lot of experience with Toro. Probably just picked him up for an hour and gave up when he wasn't easy to use and then decided to come here to pretend to spew your l33tpr0fightinggamexpertise all over the place like you do.

I'm not entirely sure how to explain things to a brick wall, and I don't plan to, but Toro is easily one of the better characters to rack up kills with. If you know what you're doing with him, of course.

I've played Toro plenty, he was actually one of the first characters I was planning to use. Virtually all Toros, even at tournaments, do virtually nothing but spam Oni Toro's divekick, which is really easy to block and punish, especially when it's the only thing you're doing.

Besides, if you wanted to do that, just use Fat Princess. Air Sword Soldier is like a Divekick, except you don't have to commit to it and people can't punish or counter it. She even gets better rewards for landing it, and she has much better versatility than he does with her other moves.

Toro's kill potential simply isn't very good. People who think otherwise are likely used to playing against bad players who don't know how to dodge his level 2, which is a completely useless super outside of 2v2, and even then it's not great.

*please be trolling, please be trolling*
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#24TerotrousPosted 2/1/2013 1:15:10 PM(edited)
I'm willing to fight your Toro later if you have a good one. In the event that there actually is some useful Toro tech (besides the runaway bug, at least), I'd like to see it.

Alternatively you can just mention which totally awesome ways you think he has to combo into his level 1 easily that Fat Princess can't do even better.

Also, people are suggesting that Spike has among the worst supers, and he can combo into his level 1 fairly easily off a number of different setups.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
#25Charizard18Posted 2/1/2013 1:17:17 PM
Terotrous posted...
I'm willing to fight your Toro later if you have a good one. In the event that there actually is some useful Toro tech (besides the runaway bug, at least), I'd like to see it.

Meh. I'm likely not the best Toro here, there's two others on this board who I haven't fought yet but I've heard they're pretty darn scary with him. I can round them up to see how they fare too. I'm pretty good with him at least though, and I don't spam that divekick nonsense. Trust me, it bugs me too when all I see Toros online do is spam that...if you could give me a day to practice that'd be awesome, I haven't been able to play seriously in a while so I need to brush up. Shouldn't take too long. And who knows, maybe we'll discover some new tech or something while practicing.

Anyways, sorry for acting like a total douche, it just really gets on my nerves after a while to see Toro constantly overlooked. He gets treated pretty badly, lol. Most people think all there is to him is his divekick loops and the flying sleep gag. It's one of my goals to prove that wrong >___<
---
#26TerotrousPosted 2/1/2013 1:27:39 PM
I know he has other stuff, like those Justice combos which can get quick AP bursts, and the Divekick loop can also be started off an up square or Firey Mocchi Level 2, but in general those seem pretty unreliable outside of 2v2.

That being said, I'd love to see evidence that he can be good because he's pretty hilarious. And to be honest, I actually haven't played him in quite a long time. He's probably a little better than I'm giving him credit for but I certainly don't see him being any better than mid tier or something. There's just so many hit confirms that are more reliable and his level 2 and 3 aren't very good.
---
#27Charizard18Posted 2/1/2013 1:39:58 PM
Terotrous posted...
I know he has other stuff, like those Justice combos which can get quick AP bursts, and the Divekick loop can also be started off an up square or Firey Mocchi Level 2, but in general those seem pretty unreliable outside of 2v2.

That being said, I'd love to see evidence that he can be good because he's pretty hilarious. And to be honest, I actually haven't played him in quite a long time. He's probably a little better than I'm giving him credit for but I certainly don't see him being any better than mid tier or something. There's just so many hit confirms that are more reliable and his level 2 and 3 aren't very good.

What about his neutral square cancels?

Anyways, my point isn't that he has more reliable hit confirms than the others. I know that, there are other characters who have many more reliable and to be honest, brain dead, hit confirms to level 1 than Toro does. FP has like 3 or 4, for example that are simple to execute. My point is that Toro is much better at getting kills than people give him credit for, and that he's much better in general than he's given credit for.
---
#28TerotrousPosted 2/1/2013 1:43:12 PM(edited)
Charizard18 posted...
What about his neutral square cancels?

You mean the air neutral square to any triangle ones? They're good combo tools, but I'm not currently aware of any other trickery you can perform with them. Has something cool been discovered?

Anyways, my point isn't that he has more reliable hit confirms than the others. I know that, there are other characters who have many more reliable and to be honest, brain dead, hit confirms to level 1 than Toro does. FP has like 3 or 4, for example that are simple to execute. My point is that Toro is much better at getting kills than people give him credit for, and that he's much better in general than he's given credit for.

He might be a little better than people give him credit for but I think he could still use some buffs, likely including some AP costs reductions to his level 2 and 3.
---
#29NDgamer1122Posted 2/1/2013 1:46:46 PM
Just my input (avoiding this Toro argument), I think Sir Dan has the worst in terms of a set of supers...followed probably by Spike.
#30PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:11:28 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Any answer besides Spike is wrong. In a 1 v 1, all of Spike's supers = 1 kill, it's just varying degrees of difficulty.

In 2 v 2 Spike's kinda fun because my partner can set up kills for me, and vice versa. I use shock cannons to set up kills for my brother and it's pretty effective, since he doesn't have to deal with the ridiculous timing window. XD

This, so much this. Come on guys. Hit Confirms are a large part of making a super good.

TORO? easy hit comfirm into level 1, and his level 2 is not THAT easy to avoid if you time it even remotely well.

Sir Dan? Level 2 is easy to combo into and can anti air. Sir Dan has such nice range that it's easy to get people into his combo. And he has a good level 3 that can kill twice.

Big Daddy? LOL. His level 2 and 3 can kill you multiple times.

When it comes to a 1v1 Spike's supers are wayyy too bad. He has to work very hard to get, at most, 1 kill.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer