Who has the worst set of supers in the game?

#31EffectAndCausePosted 2/1/2013 3:30:35 PM
Spike's are insanely difficult to use effectively. (He's my main.)
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/wbdq12.jpg
#32DB-RBPosted 2/1/2013 7:15:43 PM
top 5 from worst to bad.

1. Jak
2. Nariko
3. Dante
4. Spike
5. Toro

Jak is worst because his lvl 1 is only super close range or from below a platform. His level 2 can be jumpped out of, and his level 3 can be run away from.

For Nariko and Dante, having a good level 3 does not compensate for a mediocre/average level 1 and 2. I put Nariko slightly worse than Dante because her lol level 2. Her level 1 is only mid-long range which is another problem where at least Dante is short-mid and can hit confirm after his counter.

Cutscene supers are not the reason Spike and Toro are low. I put Spike low because his level 1 has short distance and while I agree his hit confirms are good, it doesn't make it effective, especially since it is almost impossible to get a double or triple kill with it. You can literally roll out of it to escape the move. But with a good ap gain, he is fourth.

Toro has a great level 1, but his level 2 isn't that good. Best way to get out of it is to be near Toro, and if you are too far away from him then wait for the move to get closer then roll away.

As for Heihachi and Sir Dan, while I know their supers aren't the best, they are better than others. Here is why.

Heihachi is sixth because his great ap gain. Better than Spike and his level 2 is pretty good despite not being able to control Kuma.

Sir Dan is seventh because there is many ways to get in his level 1. His level 2 is incredibly overrated. His level 3 works amazing in small to medium stages. Even on large stages it works good.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#33PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:11:08 PM
See I usually play 2 stock if I do 1v1, which is by far the most balanced game mode.

Raiden and Coles can still kill you with those easy Hit Confirm supers, but at the same time any character that can kill on respawn has a CHANCE to end the match with a level 2, and an almost definite with level 3, given that they are skilled enough.

So when you say you overestimate Dante and Nariko's level 3s are overrated I lol. If you're good enough with the character's combo and spacing you WILL get them.

Now even though I'm good at building AP with Spike it's futile cause I have to build up all the way to level 3 to get a secure kill. Level 2 is way too easy to dodge and even the hit confirms sometimes dont work, and level 1 is also hard. But in the case of Dante and Nariko they can kill you with they're level 3 and end the game, and they deserve that since they're good enough at bulding AP.

And LOL at ever placing Dante ahead of Spike. WUT. He can HC into level 1, not to mention his level 1 is WAY better than Spike's. It has about the same start up but you can possibly catch someone with the shockwave at the end. His level 2 is basically Spike's except it's hella fast and harder to dodge and the level 3s are pretty incomparable.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#34KagePakkunPosted 2/2/2013 8:06:55 AM
Nariko.
---
PSN: KagePakkunX.
Official Kat of the PSASBR boards.
#35Zero_ShamePosted 2/2/2013 8:19:48 PM
Parappa is not as good as people think.

His level 1 is easily trash not even considering hes got no HC into it.
His level 2 is not as good as people think, its so easily avoided its ridiculous, it would be MUCH better if you could control the movement.
His level 3 is just screen clear crap.

I would say Fatty P though, her levels 2 and 3 are almost so bad that tehy take away from her level 1.
#36DB-RBPosted 2/2/2013 8:25:42 PM
Zero_Shame posted...
Parappa is not as good as people think.

His level 1 is easily trash not even considering hes got no HC into it.
His level 2 is not as good as people think, its so easily avoided its ridiculous, it would be MUCH better if you could control the movement.
His level 3 is just screen clear crap.

I would say Fatty P though, her levels 2 and 3 are almost so bad that tehy take away from her level 1.

you could control his level 2 and his level 1 has a hit confirm.

nvm, i see you are zero_shame.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#37BkzUziPosted 2/2/2013 8:27:14 PM
Spike
#38_Zero_Shame_Posted 2/2/2013 8:49:24 PM
DB-RB posted...

you could control his level 2 and his level 1 has a hit confirm.

nvm, i see you are zero_shame.

No you cannot control his level 2, he will continue moving if you dont touch a direction.

He has no non gimmick HC to level 1, everyone knows this.

But i remember youre bad trolling from other topics so please continue to be wrong.
#39DreamsaberPosted 2/2/2013 9:00:54 PM
Somebody please tell me Spike's HCs.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#40Myles98Posted 2/2/2013 9:02:15 PM
Dreamsaber posted...
Somebody please tell me Spike's HCs.

Down triangle (the shock cannon thing)-> lvl1
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS