Would the game have done any better with these roster changes?

#1RoboDaleGribblePosted 2/1/2013 10:01:19 AM
Would the game have done any better with these roster changes? - Results (82 votes)
Yes, it would've sold millions and received 10s across the board!
13.41% (11 votes)
Yes, it would've done pretty well.
41.46% (34 votes)
Yes, but not much better than it actually.
29.27% (24 votes)
No, it would've done about the same.
6.1% (5 votes)
No, it would've done a little worse.
3.66% (3 votes)
No, it would've been the flop of the century.
6.1% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Fat Princess -> Crash
Evil Cole -> Spyro
Raiden -> Snake
Big Daddy -> Cloud
Donte -> Dante
#2RoboDaleGribble(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:02:02 AM
than it actually did*
#3Myles98Posted 2/1/2013 10:05:50 AM
It would have sold better but more requested characters can't fix the glitches and mechanics of the game
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#4xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/1/2013 10:25:34 AM
Who's Donte?
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#5Majora999Posted 2/1/2013 10:39:22 AM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Who's Donte?

Some fan character people like to pretend is in the game, it's stupid, I know.

Anyway yes it would, but not by much.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#6blaze19_0XPosted 2/1/2013 11:18:08 AM
I think initial sales would have been a lot higher but once the character hype died down, so would the community like it is now because characters can't solve fundamental gameplay flaws.

People might have gotten into Smash because of the iconic characters but they stuck around for the gameplay.
#7AWorldUnitedPosted 2/1/2013 11:24:06 AM
TC, how old are you?

You truly believe in your heart that it would have been okay for this game to have ONLY ONE female character in it?

WTF
#8BkzUziPosted 2/1/2013 11:29:24 AM
AWorldUnited posted...
TC, how old are you?

You truly believe in your heart that it would have been okay for this game to have ONLY ONE female character in it?

WTF

Yes i would have been ok since no one cares about Fat princess.
#9Chzrm3Posted 2/1/2013 12:02:56 PM
Y'know, I've actually thought about this a lot, and I think at the end of the day it honestly wouldn't have saved them.

blaze19_0X posted...
I think initial sales would have been a lot higher but once the character hype died down, so would the community like it is now because characters can't solve fundamental gameplay flaws.

People might have gotten into Smash because of the iconic characters but they stuck around for the gameplay.

Yuh, this is pretty much what happened. When I was a young'un, the original Smash came out, and my brother and I went to Big Top (LOL, does that place still exist?) to get a copy the day it came out.

From that point on, whenever friends came to our house, we'd always play Smash with them. A couple of our friends had it, but most didn't - after playing for a few hours, though, they'd go back home and beg their parents to let them buy it.

That's the gradual effect of a really well made game. It's why Smash 64, with an install base on the N64 of 32 million, sold 5 million Smash copies, but Melee, with an install base on the Gamecube of only 21 million, somehow managed to sell 7 million copies. And then Brawl sold 11 million!

It's because the Smash fanbase has grown and grown and grown. There are people who play Smash obsessively who don't even care about Nintendo characters - they just love dat gameplay.

PSASBR is never gonna work people over that way. There's so much the devs need to change before it can, and sadly I don't think they know how.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#10Charizard18Posted 2/1/2013 12:09:33 PM
majora999 posted...
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Who's Donte?

Some fan character people like to pretend is in the game, it's stupid, I know.

Anyway yes it would, but not by much.

I prefer Dontavious.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640