Good ways to buff dante

#1xxterradarkxxxPosted 2/1/2013 10:29:50 PM
What do you think are some good ways to buff dante?
Honestly he's a combo monster, that's a given. But he can't really start combo's all that well. His attacks are slow, and very punishable if they whiff. His supers can get multikills but honestly, they are mediocre. Level 1 just takes too long to start up. Many characters have an immediate area around their character model as well as the space that the attack takes, why doesn't dante have this. His level two is not that bad, but it's not that great either. Level 3 is also mediocre. on small stages you can the kills, but on larger ones characters can easily run away.

So how can dante be buffed that isn't game breaking. Well I believe there are two options. You adjust his supers (cost, or properties), or his basic mechanics (attack speed etc).

For dante's supers the only real thing that would need to be fixed are his level 1 and level 3.

His level1 is called triple over drive. In game the move actually releases three projectiles. The move could include the extra projectiles making it more deadly.

The other thing that could be done is do what they do with ratchets super. If you try to attack ratchet from behind, often times you die. Dante could benefit from having an area near his body where you die if you touch him. It also makes sense because he swings the sword behind him.

His level 3 could be adjusted in either a lower ap cost or with a speed adjustment to either dante or his foes. Dantes movement speed could be increased further to help him chase runaways as well as include an extra jump(kind of like his enemy step move in the actual game). If that doesn't work when a character respawns during the level 3 they could be 15-20% slower than normal.

So that's how you could fix him through supers. Fixing him through his mechanics could also work.
One option is to add some kind of a cancel to his whiffed/blocked neutral square attacks. This could be either a jump cancel (use the move, then immediately jump) or a gun cancel (miss the move/its blocked, use the guns).

The other thing you can do is change the property on the guns. Ap gain doesn't bother me, what does bother me is that people move through them. The guns should have a bit more range, and actually effect people (stun them).

The final thing that can be done is actually increase distance and the ap gain from the aerial axe throw. that move is okay, but a 5-10 ap increase wouldn't hurt it or break him.

Anyways, that's all I've got/ what i've been thinking off.
---
Psn: zslayer89
#2LightEcoSagePosted 2/1/2013 10:35:48 PM
Disagree,,,
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#3xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:36:34 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Disagree,,,

Okay, why do you disagree?
---
#4xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:37:33 PM
Also it's not give him all these buffs. It's some of these buffs could be useful in making him a more viable character.
---
#5KtimleckPosted 2/1/2013 10:38:31 PM
The supers, maybe. The gun range I'm okay with since it's difficult as is to find a lot of use for them, but imo they should only stun while an opponent is in the air to serve as combo extension.
---
PSN ID: Dorito_2
#6AngelSkulzPosted 2/1/2013 10:39:13 PM
First off didn't read, cause there is no since in buffing Dante.

Learn his bold empty cancel, he will rack up his AP quick.
---
If you have a mediocre connection, don't bother playing online.
#7xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:40:23 PM
Ktimleck posted...
The supers, maybe. The gun range I'm okay with since it's difficult as is to find a lot of use for them, but imo they should only stun while an opponent is in the air to serve as combo extension.

Yeah I can see that. Well i was thinking of it being kind of like drakes machine gun fire, but it doesn't pick you up off the ground, or push you back, you just can't move forward very quickly
---
#8xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:41:05 PM
AngelSkulz posted...
First off didn't read, cause there is no since in buffing Dante.

Learn his bold empty cancel, he will rack up his AP quick.

It's not about ap gain. You would know that if you read.
---
#9jhoke13Posted 2/1/2013 11:21:05 PM
I would like these changes:

- Ability to change directions after starting neutral square combo. If guys like Kratos and Raiden can do this there is no reason for Dante not to.

- Breif window of invulnerability during grounded Angel Dash. The same as Heihachi so he can get around some of the more annoying projectiles like Drake's barrel.

- Increased gun range or (what I'd prefer) a charged shot that could be uses as a combo ender or cause guard break. The latter would be best because it would help Dante start his offense and having a charge shot would make for some stylish combo finishers.

- Consistent 20 AP gain for Helm Breaker. The move is too unsafe for only 10 AP and you only get 20 AP if the shockwave hits them.

Any combination of these buffs would be great.
---
XBL:Element H
PSN:Element_H13
#10xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:27:08 PM
jhoke13 posted...
I would like these changes:

- Ability to change directions after starting neutral square combo. If guys like Kratos and Raiden can do this there is no reason for Dante not to.

- Breif window of invulnerability during grounded Angel Dash. The same as Heihachi so he can get around some of the more annoying projectiles like Drake's barrel.

- Increased gun range or (what I'd prefer) a charged shot that could be uses as a combo ender or cause guard break. The latter would be best because it would help Dante start his offense and having a charge shot would make for some stylish combo finishers.

- Consistent 20 AP gain for Helm Breaker. The move is too unsafe for only 10 AP and you only get 20 AP if the shockwave hits them.

Any combination of these buffs would be great.
it makes sense for kratos because he's using chains.... And raiden is using a katana. There a sword texhniques like the one raiden uses. Plus dantes side square chain hits around him.
---