Good ways to buff dante

#21xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:57:01 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
- Ability to change directions after starting neutral square combo. If guys like Kratos and Raiden can do this there is no reason for Dante not to.

The reason Dante can't change direction from his neutral square and why whiffing it is so dangerous is because it's his best move. He combo cancels from it, which means all of his crazy high AP combos and his super hit confirm come from it.

Raiden and Kratos don't get hit confirmed supers from their neutral square and only Kratos can potentially build high AP combos off of it and Dante's are still higher.

Dante is honestly fine as is, and this is coming from someone who sucks with Dante. The only slight buff he could have is his lv. 3 could last a bit longer, but that's more because I think DT should be a better super because it's sacrilegious how crappy Superbot made it.

Yeah, this is why I said he needs tweaking to either his supers or mechanics. And also neutral square has to hit 3 times before you can do anything good with it considering the guns do nothing to an opponent.

Adjusting the guns properties to stun would making cancelling possible on any hit, which would be cool and allow for combo opportunities out the wazoo
---
Psn: zslayer89
#22jhoke13Posted 2/2/2013 12:36:23 AM
I just think that changing directions for basic combos should be universal in this game; either everyone can do it or nobody can.

Allowing Dante to turn around would make his pressure game a lot better. Opponents would have to be more considerate of their tech options and Dante wouldn't be left so vulnerable on whiff. His biggest threat is the empty cancel into super and high AP combos and that can almost completely nullified by staying in the air.

So yeah, I think his ground game needs to be on par with characters like Kratos and Raiden who don't even need to rely on it as much as he does.
---
XBL:Element H
PSN:Element_H13
#23xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:35:35 AM
jhoke13 posted...
I just think that changing directions for basic combos should be universal in this game; either everyone can do it or nobody can.

Allowing Dante to turn around would make his pressure game a lot better. Opponents would have to be more considerate of their tech options and Dante wouldn't be left so vulnerable on whiff. His biggest threat is the empty cancel into super and high AP combos and that can almost completely nullified by staying in the air.

So yeah, I think his ground game needs to be on par with characters like Kratos and Raiden who don't even need to rely on it as much as he does.

Its true his ground game needs to be scarier, but the changes I proposed would actually help him out some.
---
#24PrismsbladePosted 2/2/2013 7:59:32 AM
making helm breaker safe on block with quick recovery, would give help him something raiden, and pa rappa has, a safe in tool.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#25JgphoenixPosted 2/2/2013 12:41:25 PM
No Dante is one of the few characters in the game that was actually done right. He is a high risk, high reward character. If he connects he can do a 150+ ap combo if he misses he can get punished heavily as well.

If u make the guns flinch people it will mess with his combos.
His level 1 has 2 hit confirms and stays long enough to kill a couple of people, the shockwave is pretty useful as well. You can use it to kill those level 2 big daddies or raiden from a safe distance.

His level 2 is mediocre but can be deadly if used well.

His level 3 is fine as it is. You have at least 3 kills guaranteed and u can get up to 7 or 8 depending on ur skill and the stage.
#26xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:00:38 PM
Jgphoenix posted...
No Dante is one of the few characters in the game that was actually done right. He is a high risk, high reward character. If he connects he can do a 150+ ap combo if he misses he can get punished heavily as well.

His level 1 has 2 hit confirms and stays long enough to kill a couple of people, the shockwave is pretty useful as well. You can use it to kill those level 2 big daddies or raiden from a safe distance.

His level 3 is fine as it is. You have at least 3 kills guaranteed and u can get up to 7 or 8 depending on ur skill and the stage.

I wouldn't want the guns to flinch. it would hold people in place/slow them down as they approach.

His supers are mediocre. His hitconfirms are not simple. If they were his level 1 wouldn't be mediocre.

Anyways, dante is supposed to be high risk/high reward, but with his combo starter being too slow and way too punishable he rarely gets to see the high reward, and ultimately is always risking himself.

The changes that have been proposed would not break dante, or ruin his combos currently. They would only improve his viability as character.
---
#27Mostly_FightingPosted 2/2/2013 4:59:23 PM
why buff him.Leave him how he is,he's fine it's justy you prolly really suck.All you really need is his up circle.
---
Got a new job as a JANITOR!
#28act_rightPosted 2/2/2013 5:11:38 PM
Combos alone isn't what make a character viable, especially in a game without lifebars, a character needs decent tools and mechanics to be able to keep up and be on par with other characters, which Dante is poorly lacking in.
---
"Yo dawg, I heard you like DLC"
#29CrabhammarPosted 2/2/2013 5:13:27 PM
Jgphoenix posted...

It's literally impossible to get more than 6 if your opponents don't attack.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#30MajesticFerretPosted 2/2/2013 5:48:04 PM
And also neutral square has to hit 3 times before you can do anything good with it

I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure hit count has nothing to do with it and it's just the 3rd attack in Dante's neutral square string that has to hit to cause your opponent to buckle.

This means Dante can start swinging his neutral square into a crowd of people with the first hit missing because he started the combo earlier, and as long has the second hits it locks them into the 3rd hit, which will cause them to buckle, which can cause Dante to get multiple kills with his lv. 1.

This all assumes the first statement is correct, but I'm almost certain Dante's online have stun locked me with the combo cancel without hitting me with the first attack.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.