Horobuz's biweekly #5 results (NARIKO IN TOP 3 WUT?!)

#1dabuzPosted 2/1/2013 10:59:31 PM
http://allstararena.com/threads/horobuzs-biweekly-5-results.466/

1st: Lizardheart (Ratchet)

2nd: dabuz (Evil Cole/ Fat Princess)

3rd: public enemy645 (NARIKO, YEAH, NARIKO!)

4th: Remzi (Toro)

5th place tie:

lakizzle23 (Good Cole)
Rlaur: (Evil Cole, Raiden)

7th place tie:

Fromundaman (Good Cole)
Xaltis (Ratchet)

9th place tie: Bluechacho (Good Cole?)

Omnisignificance (Good Cole)
Ginta (Sackboy)
Soulsur (Evil Cole, Raiden)

13th place tie:

Asis_AKA_Talent (Good Cole, Drake)
dmax7xel (Raiden)
TheBlackAce222 (xoptogerx) (Radec/ Good Cole)
megamanx195 (Good Cole)

17th place tie:

Jozai (Good Cole)
DTP (Toro)
bluearkham (DQed due to connection problems)
Swag (?)
latimaster (Parappa)
J_DonBonne (Toro)
astralultra (Ratchet, EC)
megamanx195's brother (Sweet Tooth)

25th place tie:

Paradox-addict (Sackboy)
sharpshotjiggles (?)
Bluearkham's brother (DQed due to connection issues)
luigimaxx (?)
crashbfan23 (Sackboy?)

I think the rules for this tournament were pretty solid, very few complaints, no one even complained at every set being just 2/3. I may make GFs 3/5 however just because 2/3 GFs feels weird.

I still think 2 stock is the way to go since 3 stock takes a long time, but I understand how it makes some strategies like Nariko going for level 3 much more difficult and buffs certain Level 2s hard.

I will be removing hazards from San Fran since no one likes those hazards and for good reason of those hazards but the game at a standstill.

We had 28 entrants for this tournament after 3 drop outs at the start of the tourney, pretty good. This tournament was also EXTREMELY stacked with good players, Asis only getting 13 just shows how stacked it was.

Aside from 7 Good Cole users, this tournament had a lot of variety. Top 8 had 2 Ratchets, 2 Evil Coles, Fat Princess, Nariko, Toro, 2 Good Coles and a Raiden. Raiden making top 8 post buff is a nice thing to see, and it looks like Ratchet may indeed be a top character with all his results recently. The Good Cole craze may be just a craze because he has yet to show stellar results despite a majority of people thinking he has top tier potential.

I recorded a lot of matches and will post them up in a couple days. I will also do an experiment where I will do video commentary of all the matches I recorded to hopefully give players a deeper understanding of the game.
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#2XenoFFvsPosted 2/1/2013 11:15:40 PM
Sorry I didn't make it in. I forgot I was getting my daughter for the weekend and the tournament started about the same time I make dinner. Hopefully nexy week though:-)

On a side note, I don't wanna sound mean but looks like crashbfan really does have a mediocre sackboy lol.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#3IcyFlamez96Posted 2/1/2013 11:20:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Charizard18Posted 2/1/2013 11:20:32 PM
dat Nariko and Toro in 3rd and 4th place
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#5IcyFlamez96Posted 2/1/2013 11:20:45 PM
Pshhh I could beat like, 3 Lizardhearts....
Easily.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#6blaze19_0XPosted 2/1/2013 11:27:57 PM(edited)
YOOOOOOO

Now THAT's more like it. This is what we needed. Something to turn the metagame on its head when people were so sure it was set in stone. Public Enemy just put us all on blast and has proven we don't know anything about Nariko. Truly inspirational. Same goes for Remzi.

Shoutouts to Lizard as well. I was skeptical at first but he's proven to be consistant. Looks like he took out Dabuz as well.

Who did Public Enemy beat btw? This tournament looks like it was stacked so we can't even use the bad players or low turnout excuse.

I hope the top matches were recorded. Especially PE and Remzi matches.
#7Lucarioaura22Posted 2/1/2013 11:25:09 PM
Fell asleep and never got to enter........FML third or second would've been mine!!!!!! *Derp Face*
---
We do what we must.................
#8IcyFlamez96Posted 2/1/2013 11:27:37 PM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Fell asleep and never got to enter........FML third or second would've been mine!!!!!! *Derp Face*

Make sure you get in the next one! I want to see a Jak up there.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#9Lucarioaura22Posted 2/1/2013 11:30:34 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...

Make sure you get in the next one! I want to see a Jak up there.

You will. I promise you! I'll go Precursor on em!
---
We do what we must.................
#10blaze19_0XPosted 2/1/2013 11:31:18 PM
Now more than ever, I really hope Superbot adds ranked 1 vs 1s.

Who knows what kind of talent is out there we don't know about since not every player is going to visit message boards.