Horobuz's biweekly #5 results (NARIKO IN TOP 3 WUT?!)

#21blaze19_0XPosted 2/2/2013 3:01:07 AM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
The thing with Nariko is she is actually really simple in a 1v1 setting. You constantly zone them out with his disc throw and punish wen they get in close with her combos. Her disc is 20 AP a hit and her combos stack up to about 130-160 AP unless you keep it very simple. Nariko was immediately called trash because she had chains like Kratos but couldn't spam them with square. Hopefully this is a wake up call to some people..........especially Retro.

I've always said she has some of the best projectiles in the game simply because of the amount of motion control you have over them. You have a lot of control over the angle of her disc and it does a ton of damage for such a versatile projectile as you said. The gameplan you described, (zone them out, punish them trying to get in) I figured would be ideal with Nariko.

However, it's one thing to theorize about it. The application would be a lot harder. I would not say the application is not that simple, otherwise this wouldn't be the first time a Nariko placed so high in a stacked singles tournament.
#22KindertotenwaldPosted 2/2/2013 3:05:30 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Now more than ever, I really hope Superbot adds ranked 1 vs 1s.

Who knows what kind of talent is out there we don't know about since not every player is going to visit message boards.

I swear I'd play this game 10x more if they added a 1v1 mode.

Same here.

Doubles is nice and all but I want to see the type of mindgames, spacings, setups, control, and reads that can only be showcased in full in singles.

Also, for your average viewer doubles is going to be really hard to follow. So if this is ever going to become a popular spectator game I firmly believe singles is the way to go.

So you are calling yourself the average viewer? I thought you had a clue? :/

I did not imply that anywhere in my statement. I can enjoy and appreciate a good doubles match. Your average viewer just checking out the game for the first time will be overwhelmed because there's too much going on and the large stages don't help.

"Doubles is nice and all but I want to see"

"Also, for your average viewer doubles is going to be really hard to follow."
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#23blaze19_0XPosted 2/2/2013 3:11:48 AM
Yes, notice the "also".

That means that point is seperate from the previous point. Otherwise I would have just said it in the previous paragraph.
#24KindertotenwaldPosted 2/2/2013 3:29:17 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Yes, notice the "also".

That means that point is seperate from the previous point. Otherwise I would have just said it in the previous paragraph.

pretty dodge tbh
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#25LaKizzle23Posted 2/2/2013 5:12:20 AM
Bah, I could've definitely placed higher if I didn't have to work.

Maybe 4th place...
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#26CrabhammarPosted 2/2/2013 9:20:00 AM
Lizardheart is cleaning up.

And yeah, I was G. Cole.
---
PSN: Bluechacho
I can't see your messages on the Vita! Sorry guys! :S
#27ShorydoukenPosted 2/2/2013 9:31:18 AM
So, how does this work? I'd probably come in, like, 35th place but how do I rank?
#28-BrokenSpiral-Posted 2/2/2013 9:57:41 AM
Any videos? Or just 1v1 videos in general?
#29GameGrumpsPosted 2/2/2013 10:10:07 AM
Cole everywhere...