Even the gamegrumps don't like this game

#31-TheFranchise-Posted 2/2/2013 8:36:44 PM
Holy crap. very critical people in here.
I LOVE Game Grumps because its a show with Comedy. Like Ha Ha. And people who look at it as a review, thats not what the show is about. They have done 55 episodes so far on Sonic 06. They just are not used to the controls yet.

Also, to the people bashing them, better suck it up, because the video is just Part 1.
---
Pyramidhead, Vile, Gex & RocketKnight for PSASBR
#32SandOnMyBootPosted 2/2/2013 8:47:49 PM
Thinking that Game Grumps gives viable information on the games they play is not a good course of action. Just watch their Sonic videos where they spend over 2 straight episodes trying to figure out how to use Silver and blaming the game when the whole time they kept skipping the extremely noticeable tutorial icon.

They are actually both really bad at games, unlike what the videos on their personal channels would present.

And on the subject of Dante, did any of you ever hear the completely piece-of-crap reasoning Arin had about old Dante where he totally missed the point of the self-aware, over-the-top attitude and got just about every detail about Dante wrong? You know, where he complained about Dante (the super-powered veteran demon hunter / son of the demon that singlehandedly defeated all the armies of the underworld) not being scared of a large spider monster. By his logic, all protagonists should be grim and gritty wish fulfillment fantasies, and Superman should freak out whenever a giant monster attacks Metropolis.

It doesn't help that Arin tends to hate just about everything that's not Nintendo, and that Jon can't articulate his responses very well and gives up too easily.

Keep in mind that I do like these guys. I've met and hung out with Egoraptor several times over the last few years. I just don't think they are good at games or good at giving objective criticism.
#33NDgamer1122Posted 2/2/2013 8:51:11 PM
Pretty frustrating to see them bashing one button and a direction, epecially Jon, but it was more frustrating how Arin just does not give it a chance and is "Smash Bros this, Smash Bros that"

The one thing I agreed with Arin on is his initial impression of the stage mash ups and how they are a bad idea. Me personally, I thought they were an okay idea, but just not well executed, but yeah, pretty similar opinion there.

I think Jon was more on the money. He acknowledged it's not better than Smash, and it's not, but he said it's at least decent, which it is.

Hopefully they'll do more episodes than just one. I'd hate for it to end there and for the less intelligent Game Grumps fans to go around saying it's crap just because Arin said so.
#34gameghy555Posted 2/2/2013 8:54:26 PM
All the jokes they're making are all the jokes this board made prior to this game's release...

And this is coming from someone who enjoys JonTron and GameGrumps.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#35THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/2/2013 8:56:23 PM
I just want EgoRaptor to do a PS All Stars clip.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#36CrabhammarPosted 2/2/2013 9:06:32 PM
-TheFranchise- posted...
I LOVE Game Grumps because its a show with Comedy. Like Ha Ha. And people who look at it as a review, thats not what the show is about. They have done 55 episodes so far on Sonic 06. They just are not used to the controls yet.

Also, to the people bashing them, better suck it up, because the video is just Part 1.

I like them too but they're dumbasses. I cringed watching Sonic 06 and watching them do the unneccesary sidequests.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#37Charizard18Posted 2/2/2013 9:10:39 PM
-TheFranchise- posted...

Game Grumps is for chumps. Just like PewDiePie.

I honestly don't know how people can even take them seriously. They're idiots. They're not particularly funny either, their humor consists of your typical "hurrhurrhurr" shtick.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#38THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/2/2013 9:12:32 PM
These guys aren't like Angry Joe are they? Cause I'd find that very annoying.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#39BkzUziPosted 2/2/2013 9:21:57 PM
Watched a few minutes of it and all I got is 'The game is bad because Sony tried to copy ssbb'
#40NDgamer1122Posted 2/2/2013 9:22:18 PM
I like Game Grumps, but their inattentiveness to the games they play is annoying as hell.

"Durr, what do I do? It is not telling me at all times what to do. This game must be terrible."

Sums up pretty much every time they get stuck. I know Sonic '06 is already bad, but half their problems would be solved if they read the freaking hints.

I wish Jon ended up landing a hit with his super in the first macth so it didn't go into 4x overtime and they both had to wrongly b**** about that.