Good Cole possibly underrated?

#1blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 1:36:41 AM(edited)
I know people think he's good but I think he's possibly top tier material. He's the only character I know of for instance, that can start and end an AP burst combo in the air (as long as they are kind of close to the ground). Considering this is such a heavily air based game this is highly significant.

Not only this but he can combo this into his super so we're looking at potentially 90AP plus hit confirm-super and all of this on a caught aerial opponent. I can't stress this enough.

You are safe from most setups in the game by being in the air, GC just might be only character where's it's actually safer to stay on the ground against him.

As more people realize this about Good Cole, I predict him being a very popular high level singles character espcially as a counter to heavy air campers.
#2CrabhammarPosted 2/3/2013 1:44:45 AM
I was an OG Good Cole, damnit.

Anyways, he IS pretty good with this whole air camping business.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:48:16 AM
Crabhammar posted...
I was an OG Good Cole, damnit.

Anyways, he IS pretty good with this whole air camping business.

Well sorry for exposing your Kung Fu but this is pretty interesting.

I wonder if any other characters can get AP burst combos and hit confirms on aerial opponents.

Something tells me Nariko might be able to get an AP burst starting with her up triangle (grounded) which is an excellent Anti-air. Not sure though.
#4KindertotenwaldPosted 2/3/2013 1:48:46 AM
Don't want to jinx myself but as a BD main I find it to be one of my more favourable match ups.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#5blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:50:35 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
Don't want to jinx myself but as a BD main I find it to be one of my more favourable match ups.

Any particular reason why?

I thought BD would have a lot of difficulty approaching a character like Good Cole with such a solid camp game.
#6KindertotenwaldPosted 2/3/2013 2:02:45 AM
blaze19_0X posted...

I thought BD would have a lot of difficulty approaching a character like Good Cole with such a solid camp game.

GC pokes are not so good vs super armour and the angle I use for a.F3 usually leaves me safe even when I get hit by the tether.

But I do agree if I slip up its very hard him off me or a position I feel comfortable in.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#7CrabhammarPosted 2/3/2013 2:04:14 AM
blaze19_0X posted...

Super armor > tether
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#8Rlaur2Posted 2/3/2013 3:50:59 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65059032

We knew this stuff last year.
---
-_-
#9PyroSparkPosted 2/3/2013 4:03:26 AM
rlaur2 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65059032

We knew this stuff last year.

Except Evil Cole kinda stomps Good Cole. Especially 1v1.

Not to mention Evil Cole is a better partner for his forward triangle alone.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#10gameghy555Posted 2/3/2013 8:49:35 AM
Evil Cole is ridiculously unbalanced, so Good Cole is overlooked.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim