Trying to get back into it today. Anyone else?

#11Charizard18Posted 2/3/2013 3:34:34 PM
yes
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#12blazin640Posted 2/3/2013 3:36:51 PM
TheNardDog posted...
Crabhammar posted...
SOOOOOPER hyped for TiT.

but The Last of Us is something the general gaming community is more into. You know "zombies and guns? best game ever!".

or because it looks interesting story wise, has great graphics, and great AI?
---
There goes my free time
#13TheNardDog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:41:57 PM
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
Crabhammar posted...
SOOOOOPER hyped for TiT.

but The Last of Us is something the general gaming community is more into. You know "zombies and guns? best game ever!".

Yes, of course, but we know that most of the audience for games like Call of Duty just go "There's zombies and guns! best game evar!".

So my point is, the last of us looks very good, but the biggest reason it will sell is as simple as "it's a zombie shooter".
---
Robbit most want for PS All-Stars Battle Royale/ Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#14Charizard18Posted 2/3/2013 3:45:21 PM
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
Crabhammar posted...
SOOOOOPER hyped for TiT.

Yes, of course, but we know that most of the audience for games like Call of Duty just go "There's zombies and guns! best game evar!".

So my point is, the last of us looks very good, but the biggest reason it will sell is as simple as "it's a zombie shooter".

This is very true. They're attracted to gunznzombeez like a fish is to water.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#15blazin640Posted 2/3/2013 3:47:43 PM(edited)
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
Crabhammar posted...
SOOOOOPER hyped for TiT.

Its a third person though. Plus we haven't actually seen any of the infected in gameplay yet. The Call of Duty guys probably could care less about this game.

Not saying they won't, but its a pretty low chance. You don't really see many COD players say Uncharted is awesome, which is basically this.

Without the insane climbing and circus tricks.
---
There goes my free time
#16-TheFranchise-Posted 2/3/2013 3:49:07 PM
im going to pick it up again soon. DLC is coming fast. i stopped playing shortly before the belt system was introduced. im not too worried though, i only lost 2-3 matches online, and even then was only second place.
---
Pyramidhead, Vile, Gex & RocketKnight for PSASBR
#17TheNardDog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:51:06 PM
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
Crabhammar posted...
SOOOOOPER hyped for TiT.

Its a third person though. Plus we haven't actually seen any of the infected in gameplay yet. The Call of Duty guys probably could care less about this game.

Not saying they won't, but its a pretty low chance. You don't really see many COD players say Uncharted is awesome, which is basically this.

Without the insane climbing and circus tricks.

Zombies weren't in Uncharted. well yeah, actually, they were but Sony wouldn't promote it because they know how to make a good game/story. Then Uncharted already does amazing. So to the general public this is Uncharted + zombies which will make it sell even better.
---
Robbit most want for PS All-Stars Battle Royale/ Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us.
#18blazin640Posted 2/3/2013 3:59:51 PM
I guess. I just think the real reason it will get sales is because of Naughty Dog + how good the game looks.

If they had slapped zombies in bioshock for example, the sales wouldn't increase (if they added a survival mode maybe). When people want zombies games they look for survival zombie games, not really story zombie games. Walking Dead even. Yeah the staple of the franchise is zombies but why the game is popular is because of the story. Zombies obviously are big part of that, but thats not the reason people buy it.
---
There goes my free time
#19TheNardDog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:02:46 PM
blazin640 posted...
I guess. I just think the real reason it will get sales is because of Naughty Dog + how good the game looks.

If they had slapped zombies in bioshock for example, the sales wouldn't increase (if they added a survival mode maybe). When people want zombies games they look for survival zombie games, not really story zombie games. Walking Dead even. Yeah the staple of the franchise is zombies but why the game is popular is because of the story. Zombies obviously are big part of that, but thats not the reason people buy it.

The people who talk about the games a lot in advance buy them for that reason. Then they'll always account for a lot of the sales. But the biggest part of every game's sales are casuals who'll just buy it. They don't care enough to become familiar with Naughty Dog or Insomniac or anything like that. They'll just buy it. So when there's commercials on TV with zombies and guns, they'll buy it.
---
#20blazin640Posted 2/3/2013 4:03:51 PM
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...

The people who talk about the games a lot in advance buy them for that reason. Then they'll always account for a lot of the sales. But the biggest part of every game's sales are casuals who'll just buy it. They don't care enough to become familiar with Naughty Dog or Insomniac or anything like that. They'll just buy it. So when there's commercials on TV with zombies and guns, they'll buy it.

ok you got me on that. Add graphics too it as well.
---
There goes my free time