Connection issues

#1Myles98Posted 2/3/2013 3:33:49 PM
As some of you here know, my connection is atrocious.
At the start of almost every other match I get "lost connection to host Error code:0000-0025" and the like. The intro will freeze before the characters appear and the message will pop up and I'm left staring at master onions face or Samos' hut .

In my ps3 settings I have NAT type 2 and my connection strength is around 60-75%

What can I do to Improve my connection?
I am switching from AOL to BT (I live in the UK) in about two months.
Can anyone else with BT give me any opinions on them?

I am also looking into purchasing an Ethernet cable. This is the one I have my eye on:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shielded-Network-Cable-Meters-Ethernet/dp/B0021UZNCW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359930516&sr=8-1

Which sort of Ethernet cable do you recommend? I've looked around and it seems a Cat6 is the best type but it needs to be long because my ps3 is on the opposite side of the house. Does having a longer cable reduce the connection quality?

So yes, any help or advice you can give me would be appreciated.
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#2Myles98(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:52:25 PM
Come on people, you gotta believe!
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#3LluaZargPosted 2/4/2013 12:51:05 AM
Bump, because I also want to play with this guy in a normal way for once.
---
PSN: Lluazarg
#4PirateKing290Posted 2/4/2013 1:02:52 AM
Welcome to my life.

I have fios, which is fantastic on the computer but awful for games. I even use an ethernet cable, though does the cable type actually matter?

Anywhoo I feel for you dude. I think I even succefully DMZ'd my PS3 and it's still bad.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#5wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 1:11:36 AM
Myles98 posted...
Which sort of Ethernet cable do you recommend? I've looked around and it seems a Cat6 is the best type but it needs to be long because my ps3 is on the opposite side of the house. Does having a longer cable reduce the connection quality?

Longer shouldn't matter but a Ethernet cable is naturally better than wireless so it should improve your connection. It doesn't matter what make you get as they all do there job. My internet isn't the best connection but does it's job most of the time. I always have my consoles wired up with a Ethernet cable. My signal strength is 100% for that reason. I recommend buying a cable for as cheap as you can and giving that a try. It won't fix all the problems as that's impossible but you should see improvements. Good luck and hope you have success.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj