Dante Empty Cancel question.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 7:18:38 PM
I know if you apparently press the second circle fast enough, you won't turn around. I can't seem to get the hang of this part. Is there some trick I'm missing?

I've done it a few times by accident, not sure if it was a timing thing or I just happened to press it fast enough.

I can empty cancel fine, I'll just be facing the opposite direction at the end.
#2N_broPosted 2/3/2013 7:22:44 PM
just make it a habit to turn around directly after the cancel. That's what I do
---
All-star main: Jak
PSN: nibskhi
#3Chronicle_ChaosPosted 2/3/2013 7:22:59 PM
Which method are you using to perform the empty cancel?

I personally use [up back triangle, down forward circle, down forward circle].
---
psn: no_password
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThereIsN0Password
#4blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:24:00 PM
N_bro posted...

I am unsure if there's enough time to say, combo into level 1 after that.
#5PielordXPosted 2/3/2013 7:26:18 PM
Imo an easier one to do is the up triangle back circle neutral square. If you do up+back triangle and then circle towards the enemy then you press square, you already are in the position to keep pressing square, or super.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#6blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:30:00 PM
PielordX posted...
Imo an easier one to do is the up triangle back circle neutral square. If you do up+back triangle and then circle towards the enemy then you press square, you already are in the position to keep pressing square, or super.

I've tried this as well. I end up in the same position facing the wrong direction. I suppose I can try turning around fast enough, not sure if it's always possible though.
#7blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:36:20 PM(edited)
Chronicle_Chaos posted...
Which method are you using to perform the empty cancel?

I personally use [up back triangle, down forward circle, down forward circle].

I do up triangle, back circle, circle. Or the same thing except square at the end.

I can never get your method to work. You mean up and back or down and forward at the same time right? Not hadoken style?
#8N_broPosted 2/3/2013 7:51:41 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
N_bro posted...

works for me =)
---
#9N_broPosted 2/3/2013 7:52:45 PM
N_bro posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
N_bro posted...

works for me =)

I mean.. Just slide your finger to the direction u want to face instantly after you have made a successful cancel and you can combo into it.
---
#10Chronicle_ChaosPosted 2/3/2013 7:53:05 PM
Yeah, up back and down forward are the diagonal inputs.

The way empty cancels work is that by performing rainstorm (up triangle) and then angel boosting (side circle) in the opposite direction, it allows you to dash at a height that normally isn't allowed from a raw aerial angel boost. When you cancel out of the dash, the attack doesn't come out since you're below the minimum height requirement for the move and this results in you droping back to the ground.

So in your case, since you only press up triangle it results in you needing to press back circle which puts you in the wrong direction.

If you want to face the correct way you're either going to need to get use to doing the [up back triangle] method or to turn around after you do it your way.

If you do do it with up back triangle and still can't hit it, try doing up forward circle instead of down forward. So the cancel would be [up back triangle, up forward circle, up forward circle]. Its a bit easier since you don't need to completely change the directional input and only slide to the next since up is in both inputs.
---
psn: no_password
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThereIsN0Password