Dante Empty Cancel question.

#11blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 6:59:35 PM
Chronicle_Chaos posted...
Yeah, up back and down forward are the diagonal inputs.

The way empty cancels work is that by performing rainstorm (up triangle) and then angel boosting (side circle) in the opposite direction, it allows you to dash at a height that normally isn't allowed from a raw aerial angel boost. When you cancel out of the dash, the attack doesn't come out since you're below the minimum height requirement for the move and this results in you droping back to the ground.

So in your case, since you only press up triangle it results in you needing to press back circle which puts you in the wrong direction.

If you want to face the correct way you're either going to need to get use to doing the [up back triangle] method or to turn around after you do it your way.

If you do do it with up back triangle and still can't hit it, try doing up forward circle instead of down forward. So the cancel would be [up back triangle, up forward circle, up forward circle]. Its a bit easier since you don't need to completely change the directional input and only slide to the next since up is in both inputs.

Yeah see the thing is I'd prefer to do it the way you originally posted as that seems easier but every time I try it Dante just counters at the end. Not sure if I'm making input mistakes or just not doing it fast enough. I'm playing on a regular PS3 pad btw.
#12blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:01:11 PM
Hmm so according to the other poster you have time to turn around and super doing it my way. Well I guess I'll just stick to that then.
#13OhSoSlyPosted 2/3/2013 7:13:56 PM
Oh my god, everyone (Except Chronicle-Chaos. I respect you as a fellow Dante main) is soo wrong.

I hate to be so harsh, but if you don't know anything about Dante, don't give people Dante advice.
#14PielordXPosted 2/3/2013 7:15:28 PM
OhSoSly posted...
Oh my god, everyone (Except Chronicle-Chaos. I respect you as a fellow Dante main) is soo wrong.

I hate to be so harsh, but if you don't know anything about Dante, don't give people Dante advice.

Mind if I ask for an explanation on how I am wrong? I do it all the time with Dante, its even in a video.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#15blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:24:47 PM
Oh wait a minute. Your inputs were slightly wrong Chaos.

You don't have to do up+back triangle, down+forward circleX2.

You can just do up+back triangle, down+forward circle and then one more neutral circle. Hence, you don't need to press down forward twice at the end. This is what was messing me up somehow. I can do it this way now.

Pie's post is what made me realize this.

Thanks for the help everyone

#16KindertotenwaldPosted 2/3/2013 7:26:09 PM
I would listen to N Bro Blaze.

He is one of my main 2v2 partners and I havnt seen a better Dante in actual practice than him.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#17Chronicle_ChaosPosted 2/3/2013 7:27:22 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Oh wait a minute. Your inputs were slightly wrong Chaos.

You don't have to do up+back triangle, down+forward circleX2.

You can just do up+back triangle, down+forward circle and then one more neutral circle. Hence, you don't need to press down forward twice at the end. This is what was messing me up somehow. I can do it this way now.

Pie's post is what made me realize this.

Thanks for the help everyone

Oh sorry about that. I know that neutral circle is feasible but I just assumed that its easier to do the second down forward circle since you're already holding the input from before. Either way, i'm glad that the neutral circle method works for you :)
---
psn: no_password
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThereIsN0Password