Term help please

#1RainbowsaurusPosted 2/3/2013 7:53:19 PM
Soooo...can someone define and explain these to me? I see them used a lot, but I don't quite know what they mean exactly

Crumple
Teching
(Empty) cancel
Punish
BnB
Safe

Oh, and what exactly are AP bursts?

/noobquestions
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
Continue?
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 2/3/2013 7:53:45 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...

/topic

---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#3blazin640Posted 2/3/2013 7:54:45 PM
someone procrastinated on their homework.
---
There goes my free time
#4PielordXPosted 2/3/2013 7:55:18 PM
Rainbow, what do you think safe means?
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#5Rainbowsaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:56:42 PM
I dunno...a safe move? You don't get hit? I just want some confirmation.
---
Continue?
#6holysquidPosted 2/3/2013 8:00:01 PM(edited)
Crumple - An attack that puts your opponent into a state where they fall onto their knees then to the ground, allowing for a follow up attack or in some cases a super.

Teching - Moving a certain direction in the air after being attacked to evade certain set ups.

(Empty) cancel - Using a special technique which allows Dante to simply end his animation frames early to allow for a follow up attack.

Punish - Attacking an opponent when you block or evade their attack or super.

BnB - (Bread n' Butter) A basic and mostly simple combo that a character should utilize often.

Safe - An attack which is in most cases very hard to punish, usually due to low recovery frames or knockback.

AP Burst - A combo that consists of attacks equaling more than 100 AP, bursting the opponent into a state of protection and awarding the combo-er 30 extra AP.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#7Niyel7Posted 2/3/2013 7:59:49 PM
I love girl gamers
#8IcyFlamez96Posted 2/3/2013 8:01:30 PM
holysquid posted...
/topic

Pretty much this.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#9Rainbowsaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:02:39 PM
holysquid posted...
Crumple - An attack that puts your opponent into a state where they fall onto their knees then to the ground, allowing for a follow up attack or in some cases a super.

Teching - Moving a certain direction in the air after being attacked to evade certain set ups.

(Empty) cancel - Using a special technique which allows Dante to simply end his animation frames early to allow for a follow up attack.

Punish - Attacking an opponent when you block or evade their attack or super.

BnB - (Bread n' Butter) A basic and mostly simple combo that a character should utilize often.

Safe - An attack which is in most cases very hard to punish, usually due to low recovery frames or knockback.

AP Burst - A combo that consists of attacks equaling more than 100 AP, bursting the opponent into a state of protection and awarding the combo-er 30 extra AP.

Thank you for a simple answer.
---
Continue?
#10CrabhammarPosted 2/3/2013 8:06:38 PM(edited)
It's all gonna be in the General FAQ :P

Crumple- An effect on a character. They spin around like a ballerina or like Ratchet when he dies, then they fall to the floor. Caused by Dante's third hit in his Neutral Square combo, E. Cole's legendary Giga Punch, etc.

Teching- Any button press that affects an action. EX: Holding down to fall faster.

Cancelling- Superjesus moves only doable by Dante. His square moves instantly "cancel" (turn into) his triangle moves, and triangle to circle.

Punish- Attacking somebody after they miss a move that leaves them vulnerable.

BnB- Bread n Buttah: your go-to combo.

(Un)safeness- How punishable a move is.

AP burst- Any combo that exceeds 100 AP throws the victim away to safety at a 45 degree angle and gives the AP burster a nice 30 AP for their trouble. Henceforth, the goal is to get to 100 AP for that delicious AP bonus.

EDIT: Damnit, ninjad.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho