Sick Jak Combo video! 180 AP combo! Tons of HCs into level 1! (Situational tho)

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 2/3/2013 8:29:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sIKCPJdIe8&feature=youtu.be
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#2KindertotenwaldPosted 2/3/2013 8:37:36 PM
Lol take that LES :D
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#3CrabhammarPosted 2/3/2013 8:38:27 PM
>180 AP combo

seems legit.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#4xdifferentxPosted 2/3/2013 8:40:24 PM
wall combos = useless
#5blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 8:43:10 PM
Great video.

While a lot of these are highly situational they are still more practical than we think simply because you'll notice they cover a lot of different distances and he even showed ones that work on open walls like Dojo.

So in theory if a Jak player was good enough to know and understand all of these different situations he could potentially get a lot of these to work.

The only problem is all of these only work on grounded opponents in this air camp fest of a game but perhaps Jak can pressure an opponent enough to keep him grounded. And after all it only takes one good read and his backwards down circle (unblockable charged) is shown to have a lot of potential here even for hit confirms.
#6blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 8:47:15 PM
xdifferentx posted...
wall combos = useless

You know I've been thinking about this.

At first glance logic does dictate they'd be highly unpractical. But that's only if they only work at one specific distance/spot on the stage the opponent will learn to stay away from. But what if there are multiple different distances that can be adapted depending on where one lands the hit confirm like here?

It would take a ridiculous amount of practice for the Jak player to know and understand all these situations AND have the state of mind to apply all of these in a match but it's not impossible. His spacial awareness would have to be top notch. He'd have to understand for instance, when he's on X point on the stage where Y combo will work.

For wall combos I think understanding the rebound distances and amount of knockback per move in this game is highly underrated. They could go a long way.
#7--crashbfanPosted 2/3/2013 8:50:58 PM
LOL Jak's combos are all less than 60 AP unless the person is standing PERFECTLY still in the EXACT place they should be on SMALL PRACTICE STAGE LOL
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#8blazin640Posted 2/3/2013 8:53:17 PM
xdifferentx posted...
wall combos = useless

notice how this a COMBO video, not a practicality video.
---
There goes my free time
#9LaKizzle23Posted 2/3/2013 9:04:32 PM
So backwards red circle thing combos into his lvl 1.

He now has a plausible hit confirm. Congratulations Jak mains.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#10blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 9:08:09 PM(edited)
LaKizzle23 posted...
So backwards red circle thing combos into his lvl 1.

He now has a plausible hit confirm. Congratulations Jak mains.

My thoughts exactly. However, someone should test this to see if it works on all characters or not.

Also, why on earth did no one think of this sooner? Lol.