Sick Jak Combo video! 180 AP combo! Tons of HCs into level 1! (Situational tho)

#21blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 10:36:01 PM
It's funny because this might get more views than any of the original videos.

Also not everything in the video was known before, there was certainly some new stuff and I don't see the poster stating anywhere that he came up with everything himself.

Lastly, nobody "owns" knowledge when it comes to fighting games. It spreads one way or the other. Icy and I were probably the first to come up with Ratchet's unblockable corner setup but you don't see us complaining that every Ratchet in existance uses it now.
#22LightEcoSagePosted 2/3/2013 10:40:05 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

Also not everything in the video was known before, there was certainly some new stuff and I don't see the poster stating anywhere that he came up with everything himself.

Lastly, nobody "owns" knowledge when it comes to fighting games. It spreads one way or the other. Icy and I were probably the first to come up with Ratchet's unblockable corner setup but you don't see us complaining that every Ratchet in existance uses it now.

These comments are really getting irritating. People constantly exaggerating on the internet about people whining or complaining.. exaggerations are OP and abused constantly on these boards. Act like people can never just state something without them whining.

To clear things up. I NEVER SAID everything in this combo video was known. I actually said majority were found and some were new.

Nobody owns knowledge? ok.. kinda irrelevant.
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#23Lucarioaura22Posted 2/3/2013 10:40:57 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

I agree with most of this but I have no way of proving that this was known so I'll drop that. Yes I know nobody owns the technology but what gets me is when they finally get their hands on a new trick, they act like they're the best with that character and can't be stopped. I fought a Ratchet that claimed to be the best and I heard good things about him from his friends. Turns out he was just a guy that spammed grab after getting level 1 and I just kept punishing him so easily. I believe the name was Ratchet700-_-
---
We do what we must.................
#24LightEcoSagePosted 2/3/2013 10:43:19 PM
Im really not understanding how this punch to spinkick thing works. I try it every-time but the meter bar resets before I land the attack.
---
#25IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:46:45 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Im really not understanding how this punch to spinkick thing works. I try it every-time but the meter bar resets before I land the attack.

I can do it pretty easily.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#26blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 10:50:32 PM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

I agree with most of this but I have no way of proving that this was known so I'll drop that. Yes I know nobody owns the technology but what gets me is when they finally get their hands on a new trick, they act like they're the best with that character and can't be stopped. I fought a Ratchet that claimed to be the best and I heard good things about him from his friends. Turns out he was just a guy that spammed grab after getting level 1 and I just kept punishing him so easily. I believe the name was Ratchet700-_-

Fair enough but the video poster was not acting like this. His description was very general and plain. If he was, it'd probably irk me too.

Also lol @ that Ratchet. I've played people like that in Brawl. It's a very common story actually. They play with their friends, or in FFAs, claim to be really good, then finally face someone half-decent like me and get completely bodied.
#27Lucarioaura22Posted 2/3/2013 11:01:45 PM
LightEcoSage posted...

You just take a pause. A very slight pause.
---
We do what we must.................
#28LightEcoSagePosted 2/3/2013 11:06:32 PM(edited)
IcyFlamez96 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

You misunderstood -_-

I can do the combo. Im just saying the AP gen doesn't build after the punch because the transitioning from Punch to spinkick takes a while.

Every-time I do it online. Its 5AP then 30AP instead of 5AP + 30AP.

EDIT: I'm in VERSUS MODE RIGHT NOW. Everytime I do the punch then kick the bar resets before I can perform the spinkick.
---
#29IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:05:40 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

You misunderstood -_-

I can do the combo. Im just saying the AP gen doesn't build after the punch because the transitioning from Punch to spinkick takes a while.

You misunderstood good sir. I meant I could get the 30+5 AP as opposed to the 30 then 5.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#30LightEcoSagePosted 2/3/2013 11:07:33 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

You misunderstood -_-

You misunderstood good sir. I meant I could get the 30+5 AP as opposed to the 30 then 5.

You lacked detail so I didn't misunderstand :)

Btw read up. Im literally doing it right now as we speak and its not working.
---