Why do people say Spike's supers suck?

#1ElpizoRenevantPosted 2/3/2013 11:08:55 PM
Seriously. Spike has at least one good hit confirm into his Level 1, it has decent range, and can punish rollers if aimed the other way. It's also pretty easy to get multiple kills.

His Level 2 is a good, albeit a little slow, projectile. It has an amazing horizontal and vertical range, absurdly easy to get multiple kills on, and can demolish enemies that are bunched up together.

His Level 3 is a cinematic. 'Nuff said.

I don't understand why people say Spike is such a bad character. If you know how to flippin' use the guy, then maybe you won't suck so much.
---
"This guy are sick."
-Aerith, Final Fantasy VII
#2sinncrossPosted 2/3/2013 11:10:22 PM
the problem with his lvl 2 is that it cna be cancelled out with an incline in the stage, and unless you have caught someone wrong footed, at a distance it is generally easy to get by it.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#3GuitaristMattPosted 2/3/2013 11:12:09 PM
He's slow, and it is too easy to dodge his attacks. Didn't you see the developer IGN reveal? That was Toro vs Spike, and I'm so upset that I forgot his name, the developer using Toro was just screwing around barely playing.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#4ElpizoRenevant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:15:24 PM
sinncross posted...
the problem with his lvl 2 is that it cna be cancelled out with an incline in the stage, and unless you have caught someone wrong footed, at a distance it is generally easy to get by it.

Not quite. Although it is ranged, it's probably safer to be at a short distance from the enemy just for good measure. Not close enough that they can roll over it, but not far enough that they can dodge it. (Which is unlikely, because the beam does go pretty high up.) It also very rarely gets interrupted anyway.
---
"This guy are sick."
#5GuitaristMattPosted 2/3/2013 11:17:12 PM
Yo, if you're good with him, then who cares, but compared to others we say his supers suck. At least he isn't Nariko or Sir Dan.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#6DreamsaberPosted 2/3/2013 11:17:21 PM
I think i remember someone mentioning that he is the only character that literally cannot possibly get more than 3 kills with a super.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#7ElpizoRenevant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:18:25 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
He's slow, and it is too easy to dodge his attacks. Didn't you see the developer IGN reveal? That was Toro vs Spike, and I'm so upset that I forgot his name, the developer using Toro was just screwing around barely playing.

Timing's the key. Spike has a little bit of everything, so use that to get by. Time everything correctly and you can get a pretty high AP burst. Regarding the video, though, the Spike player was screwing around too.
---
"This guy are sick."
#8PirateKing290Posted 2/3/2013 11:19:04 PM
Dreamsaber posted...
I think i remember someone mentioning that he is the only character that literally cannot possibly get more than 3 kills with a super.

Also Toro, which automatically put them in the lower super range.

Level 1 is pretty slow, and the hit confirms are kinda obvious.
Level 2 is slow, easibly dodgable, and just straight ass.
Level 3 is a cinematic, which actually sucks for how much it costs.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#9DB-RBPosted 2/3/2013 11:19:17 PM
Dreamsaber posted...

hi
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#10ElpizoRenevant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:19:17 PM
Dreamsaber posted...

Try PaRappa.
---
"This guy are sick."