Why do people say Spike's supers suck?

#11DB-RBPosted 2/3/2013 11:20:03 PM
ElpizoRenevant posted...
Dreamsaber posted...
I think i remember someone mentioning that he is the only character that literally cannot possibly get more than 3 kills with a super.

Try PaRappa.

lol??? his level 2 can get more than 3. Toro, however, can only get 3 kills max like Spike.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#12ElpizoRenevant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:22:19 PM
DB-RB posted...
ElpizoRenevant posted...
Dreamsaber posted...
I think i remember someone mentioning that he is the only character that literally cannot possibly get more than 3 kills with a super.

Try PaRappa.

lol??? his level 2 can get more than 3.

If you're on Practice Mode, yeah. In any other match with invincibility frames after death, you'd have to get lucky on the spawn points.
---
"This guy are sick."
-Aerith, Final Fantasy VII
#13ElpizoRenevant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:23:55 PM
Dreamsaber posted...

His supers aren't that expensive, so that kinda evens it out.
---
"This guy are sick."
-Aerith, Final Fantasy VII
#14xdifferentxPosted 2/3/2013 11:34:50 PM(edited)
I main spike, he is better than you guys think, huge ap gain. My only complaints are with his lvl2 being too slow and costing 400 ap(should be 300), by the time you reach lvl2 you are 2/3rd of the way to lvl3 and it makes it not worth using his lvl2
#15DreamsaberPosted 2/3/2013 11:36:13 PM
DB-RB posted...
Dreamsaber posted...

hi
Be quiet Debbie Arby, I'm trying to remember who that wonderful poster was... hm...
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#16blaze19_0XPosted 2/3/2013 11:39:10 PM
The answer to your question TC, is air camping.

None of his setups into level 1 are reliable against smart air campers even though he has like 7 of them.
#17ClanoraPosted 2/3/2013 11:48:26 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
The answer to your question TC, is air camping.

None of his setups into level 1 are reliable against smart air campers even though he has like 7 of them.

His level 1 is sorta anti-air, I guess....
---
By copying this signature, you accept Maxwell as your lord and savior.
#18co1onelPosted 2/3/2013 11:54:58 PM
ElpizoRenevant posted...
His Level 3 is a cinematic. 'Nuff said.

Cinematics are the worst type of level 3.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#19wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 12:44:27 AM
co1onel posted...
Cinematics are the worst type of level 3.

Agreed. IF we ever see a sequel I hope this is one thing Superbot will flesh out.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#20PirateKing290Posted 2/4/2013 12:49:07 AM
I think it's a moot point to bring up air camping in like every topic. It's there, everyone's probably aware of it.

I like the idea of lowering his level 2. It's really bad for a level 2, it would make it more usable I suppose.

Also Parappa CAN kill twice with the Skateboard granted the very first few attack frames kill someone and there's no respawn lag.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer