Why do people say Spike's supers suck?

#21blazin640Posted 2/4/2013 1:07:35 AM
ElpizoRenevant posted...
DB-RB posted...
ElpizoRenevant posted...
Dreamsaber posted...
I think i remember someone mentioning that he is the only character that literally cannot possibly get more than 3 kills with a super.

Try PaRappa.

lol??? his level 2 can get more than 3.

If you're on Practice Mode, yeah. In any other match with invincibility frames after death, you'd have to get lucky on the spawn points.

or if someone happens to jump the gun. Its possible. I have had done this a couple of times because the player got careless.
---
There goes my free time
#22boy_luckPosted 2/4/2013 1:12:29 AM
Spike's lvl2 needs a buff. It should leave a deadly, undodgeable trail.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#23PirateKing290Posted 2/4/2013 1:16:40 AM
Spike's supers should reverse.

Level 1 is a short range Super Stun Club energy slash.
Level 2 is net mode. You wield the net Clank-style and whenever you land a kill there's a little zoom in cinematic like in the games.

Hell, you can even go nuts and make his level 3 like Lucario's final smash in Brawl where you controls the laser.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#24ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/4/2013 1:23:44 AM
The whole point of a cinematic level 3 is, you're supposed to be beating people up so much to the point that you get it without even realizing it.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#25xdifferentxPosted 2/4/2013 1:24:48 AM
Radec, Dante, Spike and Cole all have pretty much the same type of level 2, Radec's and Cole's are good because they are fast and leave a trail, which means you can't roll past them., Dante's is bad but not nearly as bad as Spike's because of it's speed.. You can roll past both Dante's and Spike's level2 although Spike's clearly easier to dodge..

Also what is with Radec's lvl2 costing 325 ap while the other 3 characters with the same type of move costs 400?
#26PirateKing290Posted 2/4/2013 1:26:22 AM
xdifferentx posted...
Radec, Dante, Spike and Cole all have pretty much the same type of level 2, Radec's and Cole's are good because they are fast and leave a trail, which means you can't roll past them., Dante's is bad but not nearly as bad as Spike's because of it's speed.. You can roll past both Dante's and Spike's level2 although Spike's clearly easier to dodge..

Also what is with Radec's lvl2 costing 325 ap while the other 3 characters with the same type of move costs 400?

Radec's is easily the best of the "Beam Type" level 2s. It's very fast and long lasting. Cole's can go down and up terrains too if Im not mistaken, and is like the best looking super in the game haha.

Dante is basically Spike's but much faster.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#27AndKevinBaconPosted 2/4/2013 5:54:30 AM
co1onel posted...
ElpizoRenevant posted...
His Level 3 is a cinematic. 'Nuff said.

Cinematics are the worst type of level 3.

Fat Princess and Sir Dan.
#28dooms14Posted 2/4/2013 6:09:53 AM
Spike is a fun character, but his supers are LAME his lv3 is just a cinematic 1 kill.

Im trying so hard to find a way to confirm a kill with such a lame special D:

Im not sure if sly has confirm kills or not, but his supers are so good he doesn't need a confirm.
#29DrunkenMegamanPosted 2/4/2013 6:30:58 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
The whole point of a cinematic level 3 is, you're supposed to be beating people up so much to the point that you get it without even realizing it.

This. Sometimes with Parappa, I get my Level 3 without even noticing.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Was it redemption? Not really, it was pathetic desperation and not much else."- Max Payne
#30lightdragoon88Posted 2/4/2013 7:08:11 AM
sinncross posted...
the problem with his lvl 2 is that it cna be cancelled out with an incline in the stage, and unless you have caught someone wrong footed, at a distance it is generally easy to get by it.

This.

It annoying when Radic and Cole level 2 can go through or along the incline while his stops right there.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!