Jak's 1v1 game.

#1Lucarioaura22Posted 2/4/2013 6:53:58 AM
Well I have realized that Jak is has the odds stacked against him in 1v1 against quite a few characters.

The Coles- Shuts Jak down a lot with the tether and the coles have even sicker ground game against a lot of characters as well.

Nariko- Disc spamming keeps Jak out very well and her anti-air tracks so much into high AP combos. Only thing Jak has going for himself is that he can dodge her level 3 easier than most of the cast.

Ratchet- Well I'm sure you all clearly see the problem but I can say it also depends on the map.

Fat Princess- She is a 1v1 god and although I don't struggle against the best of FP's, other Jak players will probably not know that the only chance one has against FP is air camping better than her and getting in some pokes.

This is not a complaint thread or anything like that. I can hold my own against even the best of players that use these characters and beat the skin off of scrubs but I just want to know if you guys think there is any 1v1 potential for some characters or are they just outshined by obvious top tier?
---
We do what we must.................
#2CrabhammarPosted 2/4/2013 7:35:14 AM
Oh my god, it is REALLY stacked for Nariko. She can get 50+ AP off of her air Neutral Circle + Square combo, whereas Jak can get very little up there. Nariko is awesome.

Although it's actually virtually impossible for Nariko to kill Jak. Levels 1 and 2 stink anyway but Jak's air mobility makes Nariko's Level 3 cry.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3Lucarioaura22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:55:30 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Oh my god, it is REALLY stacked for Nariko. She can get 50+ AP off of her air Neutral Circle + Square combo, whereas Jak can get very little up there. Nariko is awesome.

Although it's actually virtually impossible for Nariko to kill Jak. Levels 1 and 2 stink anyway but Jak's air mobility makes Nariko's Level 3 cry.

Yeah but depending on the map she can do it and a good Nariko player that can control her level 3 will still get kills with the anti-air attack.
---
#4CrabhammarPosted 2/4/2013 8:01:53 AM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Crabhammar posted...

Yeah but depending on the map she can do it and a good Nariko player that can control her level 3 will still get kills with the anti-air attack.

:V dat anti-air

Also, did you see that other topic? People want to see us fight :0 Although I don't really know what that would prove since Good Cole trumps Jak like it's nothing :/ Still, it'd be fun.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
#5Lucarioaura22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:13:55 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Crabhammar posted...

Also, did you see that other topic? People want to see us fight :0 Although I don't really know what that would prove since Good Cole trumps Jak like it's nothing :/ Still, it'd be fun.

Sure I'll fight you. I'm assuming you're in class so just let me know when you got a chance to fight I guess.
---
#6CrabhammarPosted 2/4/2013 8:24:56 AM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Crabhammar posted...

Sure I'll fight you. I'm assuming you're in class so just let me know when you got a chance to fight I guess.

you know me too well :P
---
#7LightEcoSagePosted 2/4/2013 8:54:36 AM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
I can hold my own against even the best of players that use these characters and beat the skin off of scrubs but I just want to know if you guys think there is any 1v1 potential for some characters or are they just outshined by obvious top tier?

Alright Luc I understand you're a great Jak player, but you don't have to be afraid to admit you have major problems facing skilled players who use character s like the ones you mentioned. You sounded as if you barely have problems with skilled players.
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#8Lucarioaura22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:10:19 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
I can hold my own against even the best of players that use these characters and beat the skin off of scrubs but I just want to know if you guys think there is any 1v1 potential for some characters or are they just outshined by obvious top tier?

Alright Luc I understand you're a great Jak player, but you don't have to be afraid to admit you have major problems facing skilled players who use character s like the ones you mentioned. You sounded as if you barely have problems with skilled players.

No I do have problems with skilled players. That's somewhat the point of my topic. I do however hold my own very well and actually win sometimes. You can see a couple of vids of me doing pretty well. For example, I can beat iGGyXD who is a very good FP but it is a hard matchup and victory is not always guaranteed but for the most part I handle him well. The problem for me is that in a 1v1 situation there are just so many characters with good options and some with very good options against Jak like the lighting tether. Jak is great FFA and 2v2 but I just wish he was slighty more 1v1 viable. I plan to join 1v1 tourneys to try and make a name for Jak. I will admit I'm getting angry at all the flak he gets as a character and I also can't stand that people assume that since he is such a bad character, his series sucks.......wtf kind of logic is that? -_-
---
#9ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/4/2013 12:31:38 PM
I havent had a problem with Cole in 1v1

Then again, I havent fought a good Cole..or done much 1v1 for that matter ._.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#10CrabhammarPosted 2/4/2013 12:38:00 PM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
I havent had a problem with Cole in 1v1

Then again, I havent fought a good Cole..or done much 1v1 for that matter ._.

You play Jak?

Add me, PSN: Bluechichichacho
---