Pros and Cons of SuperBot leaving. There is still hope for this game.

#1Deathtrap119Posted 2/4/2013 2:10:17 PM
So it Saddens me to know that SuperBot is now gone from this game. They are a small, independent company that did great for their first game. Now that they are leaving this game, there are a couple good and bad things about it.

The Good:

-Santa Monica is a pretty great studio, they aren't your average piece of crap company. They have good ideas and might actually bring a couple good things to the game.

-Superbot wasn't a very competent company, and didn't really update us on when things were going to happen.

-Since Santa Monica is closer to Sony and is first party, that means more money. More money= characters like crash, spyro, etc.

-Some of Superbot's employees will probably migrate to Santa Monica, so we will still have the same employees with the same experience.

The Bad:

-They are a LOT less likely to listen to fans now. Which means: No character buffs or nerfs after this based on fan demand.

-It could become like LittleBigPlanet, which is now owned by Sony. Sony only releases DLC for LBP now and doesn't fix any glitches or exploits.

-If we don't have very many of the same employees working at Santa Monica, they might not know what they're doing.
#2PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 2:11:38 PM
You raise some good points crashb.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#3blaze19_0XPosted 2/4/2013 2:12:32 PM
It all depends on how much Santa Monica is willing to support the game. They might just release the initial DLC, Kat and Emmet and the stage, and be done with it.

They might not consider it a worthwhile investment for anything else.
#4xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/4/2013 2:15:33 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
It all depends on how much Santa Monica is willing to support the game. They might just release the initial DLC, Kat and Emmet and the stage, and be done with it.

They might not consider it a worthwhile investment for anything else.

---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#5I_Wanna_CookiePosted 2/4/2013 2:21:24 PM
You are a lot more tolerable when you arent putting up dumb ****.
---
I'm handsome.
#6Potatoman622Posted 2/4/2013 2:21:31 PM
Major Kratos buffs incoming...we are doomed
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#7Ludacris01Posted 2/4/2013 2:22:12 PM
Id be quite surprised if Santa Monica did anything else with this game besides the Kat/Emmett DLC.

IF they decide to pursue the franchise-and lets face it, there's a LOT of untapped potential for the franchise-they'd likely start working on a sequel, where they change everything.

But a far as THIS game is concerned, I expect it to be done.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#8TheBlackAce222Posted 2/4/2013 2:26:07 PM
Deathtrap119 posted...

-They are a LOT less likely to listen to fans now. Which means: No character buffs or nerfs after this based on fan demand.

What makes you say that?
---
PSN - xOptogerx
I'm bad with words, you may notice
#9RagnoraokPosted 2/4/2013 2:28:44 PM
what are they less likely to listen to fans? Superbot did not listen to fans either. LOL, Superbot had no idea what they were doing as well, so any change is welcomed.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#10--crashbfanPosted 2/4/2013 2:31:20 PM
TheBlackAce222 posted...
Deathtrap119 posted...

What makes you say that?

Because Superbot was a small company. I've actually talked to the twitter account of Superbot and they addressed an issue in the game.
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23