Will we still get DLC announcement in March?

#11Doom_JPosted 2/4/2013 10:42:21 PM
XDarkMethod posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Will we still get DLC even though SB is going down? No me gusta!

who cares about March? my question is will we still get the DLC thats supposed to come in only a week

Pretty sure we will. Doesn't make sense to not release them at least (why scorn the few fans the game does have and give your company a bad reputation by reneging on releasing dlc that by this point has to be finished and that your giving away free for two weeks anyway?) Sony isn't that dumb, they know full well the good will of dedicated vg communities is the sucess or death of a company in this industry.

Hell, I maintain that the ssb trolls and superfans have alot to do with the games failure to reach high sales (either through offering bad word of mouth, both with intentional agenda or sincerity i.e. its not like smash so it sucks, or through outright dissmissing it as just another clone, without so much as giving it the time of day). Not that I blame those who sincerely aren't into it, but it seems their was something sinister going on the whole time.
#12XDarkMethodPosted 2/5/2013 1:37:30 AM
Doom_J posted...
XDarkMethod posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Will we still get DLC even though SB is going down? No me gusta!

who cares about March? my question is will we still get the DLC thats supposed to come in only a week

Pretty sure we will. Doesn't make sense to not release them at least (why scorn the few fans the game does have and give your company a bad reputation by reneging on releasing dlc that by this point has to be finished and that your giving away free for two weeks anyway?) Sony isn't that dumb, they know full well the good will of dedicated vg communities is the sucess or death of a company in this industry.

Hell, I maintain that the ssb trolls and superfans have alot to do with the games failure to reach high sales (either through offering bad word of mouth, both with intentional agenda or sincerity i.e. its not like smash so it sucks, or through outright dissmissing it as just another clone, without so much as giving it the time of day). Not that I blame those who sincerely aren't into it, but it seems their was something sinister going on the whole time.

even with all the backlash, i still think Superbot wouldve & already has treated the game alot better, who knows how much Attention SSM will give it after next week assuming thats still coming, not to mention Superbot actually cares about fans

the only brightside to this for me is they might finally fix the terrible servers
#13probablyidkPosted 2/5/2013 3:07:08 AM
sinncross posted...
habbox77 posted...
Santa Monica Studios is now handling all the DLC releases for this game, we'll still be getting DLC.

Expect a lot of God of War stuff >_>

Santa Monica has been responsible in helping tons of other games like Journey, Sorcery,

I could live with Finn from Sorcery tbqh

dat true all-star!
#14JoshelplexPosted 2/5/2013 6:30:30 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
Joshelplex posted...
That may be better. 3rd parties may be more willing to play ball if it's someone like SSM versus some random upstart.

Hmm, that's a good point actually.

I just can't imagine Santa Monica wasting their time on this, though. If Superbot had developed the game for 2 years and then passed it off? Sure! I think they'd go crazy trying to get meaningful third party commitments.

But the game's kind of already dead. Nothing can really resuscitate it. If Cloud, Crash, and Spyro were all put in as free DLC tomorrow, how many copies of the game would it push? I can't imagine it'd be anything significant enough to salvage this, and that's an absolute pipedream that'll never happen anyway.

It sold half a million copies, there's guaranteed money to be made off at least some of them. even if they just stick to Sony owned properties to save on licensing, these characters can't be particularly expensive to make.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex
#15SelitePosted 2/5/2013 6:33:17 AM
Joshelplex posted...
That may be better. 3rd parties may be more willing to play ball if it's someone like SSM versus some random upstart.

SSM have been collaborating with Superbot since the beginning of PSABR, why would companies help now but not before?
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5