Raiden 1v1

#1TheOne7evenPosted 2/4/2013 6:51:50 PM
I main Raiden and now that the forward grab is gone, he is pretty much the worst char for 1v1. Another player can literally hold L1 the entire fight and he becomes invulnerable to anything Raiden can do. While I agree that the forward grab into double square infinite grab chain needed to be fixed, they effectively made him useless in 1 on 1. In my opinion his up grab should throw the other player straight up to where he can jump for a short air combo. This would only gain him a small amount of AP and would no way be able to chain into a super, infinite combo, or even an AP burst combo. It would get him around 50 ap. I hope something is done about this because as of now Raiden is junk in 1v1
#2Charizard18Posted 2/4/2013 6:54:34 PM
Not really.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#3CrabhammarPosted 2/4/2013 6:54:47 PM
Eh, doubt it. Raiden has like 6 hitconfirms into Level 1. He's still great. Punish blockers with Level 1 raw.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#4RainbowsaurusPosted 2/4/2013 6:56:06 PM
Whatchu talkin' about, Willis?
---
-Damn the DLC!-
Game Over
#5ApolloJusticeAAPosted 2/4/2013 6:56:26 PM
How about... no
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#6DireProphecyPosted 2/4/2013 6:58:47 PM
Raiden could do a burst combo out of an Up-throw like that lol. As long as he could jump up and land up-triangle.
#7TheOne7even(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:10:46 PM
You wouldn't be able to land a burst combo. I'm talking about a throw that would be above the range of a grounded up triangle sweep and where they would correct before they came back into that range. The only way you'd be able to hit them in the throw I'm suggesting is by jumping at least once.
#8DireProphecyPosted 2/4/2013 8:25:24 PM
TheOne7even posted...
You wouldn't be able to land a burst combo. I'm talking about a throw that would be above the range of a grounded up triangle sweep and where they would correct before they came back into that range. The only way you'd be able to hit them in the throw I'm suggesting is by jumping at least once.

Idk about you but I can do a burst combo out of aerial up triangle.
#9Potatoman622Posted 2/4/2013 8:30:01 PM
Lol Raiden is far from trash. Plenty of characters can't do much with their throws, and they have a lot less going for them.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#10TheOne7even(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:29:29 PM
never said he's trash all around, only trash in 1v1.