Who ****ed up more? Sony or Superbot

#1itsmeaustinPosted 2/4/2013 7:19:36 PM
Which party doomed the game: Sony and their recent incompetence, or Superbot and their amateur development? - Results (130 votes)
Sony
48.46% (63 votes)
Superbot
51.54% (67 votes)
This poll is now closed.
poll
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#2PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 7:22:12 PM(edited)
Little mix of both, superbot messed up with rampant glitches and sony didn't take the game seriously enough to try to elevate it.

But I'd have to say Sony because they could've used some elevation.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#3SelitePosted 2/4/2013 7:23:55 PM
It's nearly impossible to tell without complete knowledge of all conversations/agreements/restrictions/budgets that went on with both companies in regards to PSABR.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#4wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 7:32:38 PM
None because in my opinion this game is great. :3
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#5flame030191Posted 2/4/2013 7:33:53 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
None because in my opinion this game is great. :3

---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#6doofy102Posted 2/4/2013 7:35:31 PM(edited)
Sony ultimately did not provide the budget needed to get the game over hurdles such as having an underwhelming roster, etc.

Meanwhile, Superbot's lack of talented staff is painfully clear in some places; questionable mashups, tacky looking menus, an underwhelming final boss fight etc, not to mention baffling glitches like the character select glitch, and really annoying glitches that exclusively effect SD TV users such as Fat Princesse's soldiers freezing up in mid-air. They never provided the 1 vs 1 mode fans have been wanting. And as a whole, the game feels kind of sterile (IMO)

And let's not forget the out of control marketing. Paul Gale, the whole "Konami is angry at Superbot for not revealing Raiden properly" thing, etc. I have no idea who was to blame for that PR disaster but it was messy.

I'd say they screwed up equally.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#7SelitePosted 2/4/2013 7:38:40 PM
doofy102 posted...
Sony ultimately did not provide the budget needed to get the game over hurdles such as having an underwhelming roster, etc.

Meanwhile, Superbot's lack of talented staff is painfully clear in some places; questionable mashups, tacky looking menus, an underwhelming final boss fight etc, not to mention baffling glitches like the character select glitch, and really annoying glitches that exclusively effect SD TV users such as Fat Princesse's soldiers freezing up in mid-air. They never provided the 1 vs 1 mode fans have been wanting. And as a whole, the game feels kind of sterile (IMO)

And let's not forget the out of control marketing. Paul Gale, the whole "Konami is angry at Superbot for not revealing Raiden properly" thing, etc. I have no idea who was to blame for that PR disaster but it was messy.

I'd say they screwed up equally.

What budget did they provide and what was the total expenditure for this game?
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#8ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/4/2013 7:40:32 PM
Pretty sure the Fat Princess part was all SuperBot's decision, since some of the staff had worked on that game and gave her special treatment
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#9Chzrm3Posted 2/4/2013 9:38:29 PM
Sony should've negotiated meaningful third-party characters, instead of using the game as a billboard.

Superbot should've made the game more robust, given us a better core game engine, and given 1 v 1 the attention it deserves considering this is a fighting game.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#10dadkwasherePosted 2/4/2013 9:39:35 PM
Its balanced, nobody vote!!!
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.