Do you regret getting this game now? Share your thoughts.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 2/4/2013 7:47:24 PM(edited)
I have mixed feelings. I've definitely gotten my money's worth already. I've played the game for about 50-60 hours and counting with with only like 15 or so of those hours being online. So I can't complain about that.

But I certainly expected more if nothing but because it's Sony's own platform fighter and I grew up with Sony and Nintendo equally. So my standards for Sony were extremely high. I always thought Smash was limited a bit by the hardware it was on (Brawl at least) and so as good as it was a Sony Smash Bros could potentially blow it away in certain aspects. And yet this game is less polished than even Smash 64.

I also came into this with a fighting game background (including Smash and traditional fighters) so that's probably another reason my standards were so high. I was always going to compare it to other fighters to see how well it held up.

With the recent news, I'm not sure if I want to invest a lot of time in the game anymore. What's the point of getting good at a competitive game where the community is most likely going to die? It's a shame too because the game was finally starting to grow on me. Dopples said Superbot was aware of many of the issues we have so I had hope in due time the game would clear away these shortcomings. Now that seems impossible.

This will probably be the last time I buy a game on day 1 and incidentally it was the first. I've never bought into the hype like this before. I guess I refused to accept the game could fall short despite all the evidence to suggest it.
#2RainbowsaurusPosted 2/4/2013 7:46:18 PM
No. I play it every day.
---
-Damn the DLC!-
Game Over
#3NarrasandPosted 2/4/2013 7:46:21 PM
Yes...The more you play it the more you realize how unbalanced it really is and how many glitches they are.
#4SelitePosted 2/4/2013 7:48:56 PM
No regrets.

I've had a lot of fun with this game already, more than my money's worth, and will continue to do so. Regardless of who works on the game after Superbot or if there are anymore DLC characters after Kat and Emmet.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#5wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 7:49:32 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
No. I play it every day.

This. With or without DLC this game has been worth my cash.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#6PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 7:53:35 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Rainbowsaurus posted...
No. I play it every day.

This. With or without DLC this game has been worth my cash.

---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#7CHL305Posted 2/4/2013 7:55:12 PM
I play this the most now and will continue until Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out. It is not a bad game. It just has flaws and character balance issues. If they were fixed in a timely manner I think people would have eventually come around.
---
Closet Nerd
#8The_JoegernautPosted 2/4/2013 7:56:11 PM
Yes. I did have fun at first, I guess because it was kinda new and exciting, but the more I played the more it just seemed like a lot of wasted potential.
#9taoxadasaPosted 2/4/2013 7:57:28 PM(edited)
Of course not, this has been of of the most fun games I've gotten in years. Worth every penny.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#10LightEcoSagePosted 2/4/2013 7:59:23 PM
Ever since Ive seen Jak's huge overnerf and that even though he has been the highest rated for a buff and SB has done nothing about it just made me regret buying the game more and more..

I bought the game for Jak hoping to kick ass as Jak and to show people that Jak is an amazing char, etc, etc... but it didn't exactly happen that way. Although I win most of my games, Jak is just to limited in this game(unlike our other heroes Sly, Nathan Drake, Ratchet, etc)so until Jak gets a buff I will always feel regret for buying this game..
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader