Do you regret getting this game now? Share your thoughts.

#31GANONDORFIVYPosted 2/4/2013 9:25:04 PM
nope i love it
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#32Chzrm3Posted 2/4/2013 9:25:52 PM
co1onel posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
This will probably be the last time I buy a game on day 1 and incidentally it was the first. I've never bought into the hype like this before. I guess I refused to accept the game could fall short despite all the evidence to suggest it.

Hyping up a game is bad, it will never live up to the expectations you put forth.

My friends and I were hyped beyond comprehension for Melee and some of us still play it to this day. : >

Still, your point still stands. Hyping games is dangerous. Sometimes it just makes you straight-up hate a game that you otherwise may have enjoyed - look at Lumi, and the disintegration of his fragile mind. : o
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#33monopoly_kingPosted 2/4/2013 9:44:18 PM
I unfortunately regret it -- not because I think the game is terrible, but because I think it is very incomplete and not worth the $40.00 that I spent on it (adding the fact that I squeeze every penny should help you understand my position). I know the dislike of comparing it to SSB, but I have to in order to help explain my view.

Though the roster for this game is pretty underwhelming, it has some characters I find cool from their native games - Dante, Sly, Ratchet/Clank, PaRappa, Sackboy, etc. My dislike is that these characters do not really exude any kind of personality, and if they do, it is unlike that of their native persona (probably doesn't make sense?). When I played Smash Brothers and picked Link, I felt as if I was witnessing Link in action and not just a regular character wearing his clothes. Not that it matters that much, and I hate to be that guy, but honestly, I would have preferred to see the "original" Dante, but that instance doesn't detract from the game for me, just a small preference.

I don't really like the combos/attacks and what not that most characters are given; some of the supers upon use gave me a "da fuq" moment as the preparation for the set-up requires more than what the super rewards (In my opinion). I have quite a funny experience that may diminish my credibility (this is GameFAQs will people will say, "U SUCK! LRN2 PLAI!!!) but I will share it anyway:

So I am playing online against my friend - she picks Kratos whereas I pick PaRappa. I am still relatively new to the game (probably only a couple of hours in) but decent enough to get pretty much a flawless victory against her Kratos with Dante or Spike. Anyways, in this bout that I fought with PaRappa, I literally could not land a single hit on her. I understand that this may be largely due to my inability to play with the character and the range differences in their attacks, but jeez, even that isn't an excuse for not being able to land one hit, considering that I went through PaRappa's combo tutorials (of course this doesn't make you an instant success). I decide that if I am sucking this bad, I'll just use his ability to farm AP (the stereo move) and build supers. I did so, and then realized that his Level 1 (without proper set-up I suppose) is terrible, given the circumstances... And the chances of me farming to Level 2 on the current small stage was slim to none so I really had no way of winning.

Then she messages me and says, "LMAO you should know to never pick PaRappa" which I find strange because I recall fishing through threads here and seeing that there is a common agreement that PaRappa is a decent-to-good character whereas Spike is pretty low-tier, despite the fact that I main Spike and Dante and play with them better than anyone else.

tl;dr, I think the game has potential and right now is okay at best, but it is incomplete, unpolished, and lacking, which I do not find to be worth its price.
#34Psychofang12001Posted 2/4/2013 10:40:55 PM
Te ps3 one I can regret but not as bad as the vita it was about a distaste for me. Could do without the vitas look but ps3 I won't miss it and If I play it again ill be drunk lol
---
Protocol 10 will commence whenever I feel like it
#35PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 10:41:50 PM
Psychofang12001 posted...
Te ps3 one I can regret but not as bad as the vita it was about a distaste for me. Could do without the vitas look but ps3 I won't miss it and If I play it again ill be drunk lol

are you drunk now?
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#36Psychofang12001Posted 2/4/2013 10:43:47 PM
PielordX posted...
Psychofang12001 posted...

are you drunk now?

It's a Monday so wishfully yes lol but when it gets all the dlc ill give it another chance maybe it will have fixed all of the issues it has had
---
Protocol 10 will commence whenever I feel like it
#37ahoythere4Posted 2/4/2013 11:26:28 PM
I've gotten $40 worth of fun out of it at least, and it's good for when I just have a few minutes to kill since all my other games are JRPGs that can only be consumed in 3 hour chunks.
#38Chzrm3Posted 2/4/2013 11:36:48 PM
ahoythere4 posted...
I've gotten $40 worth of fun out of it at least, and it's good for when I just have a few minutes to kill since all my other games are JRPGs that can only be consumed in 3 hour chunks.

They really should've put a JRPG rep. @_@
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#39Q_BlahPosted 2/4/2013 11:54:08 PM
I will never regret buying this game.
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#40Jon_GodPosted 2/5/2013 12:30:45 AM
Just finished playing through the game with every character. Totally worth the $60 I paid for it.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/