Do you regret getting this game now? Share your thoughts.

#51RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/5/2013 10:06:57 AM
Not at all. It's a fun game no matter how glitchy it is. I haven't played it too much recently, but I plan to pick it up again when Kat and Emmett come out.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#52blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:20:18 AM(edited)
ArthurZero12 posted...
You all put ssbm on a pedestal and say this game is dead? Melee had zero support from nintendo and they are still running strong. the simple fact is you are lazy and don't like the game in a competitve setting. This game is only dying to casual players.

If you don't want to support something, hit the back button and stop dwelling.

Melee is worth supporting especially since it's a really good competitive game. There's a reason the community has survived and grown for so long.

This game has too many fundamental flaws and the inherent system gets boring too fast because it's so limited. Did you not read what I said? A lot of the best players that understand the mechanics best are getting bored of it as well. Forget casual players. That alone should tell you something.
#53ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 10:41:37 AM
Where are the flaws? seriously? what can't you get around in this game? I'm sorry but if i'm taking down top players as spike then you have a hole in your theory. YOU have a problem with the game not the community.

Jump off the melee bandwagon that is throwing hatred at a completely different game. I love melee but all of the whining from those players makes want to write them off.
#54blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:45:46 AM(edited)
ArthurZero12 posted...
Where are the flaws? seriously?

You really want me to answer this question? And what top players have you taken down? Got any tournament results you can post? I don't care about what happens in casuals. I've beaten Dabuz in casuals, it doesn't mean he wouldn't wreck me in a serious match.

And if you really think this game has no problems you are delusional and Sony would agree with me, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten rid of Superbot.
#55ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 10:48:56 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
ArthurZero12 posted...
Where are the flaws? seriously?

You really want me to answer this question? And what top players have you taken down? Got any tournament results you can post? I don't care about what happens in casuals. I've beaten Dabuz in casuals, it doesn't mean he wouldn't wreck me in a serious match.

And if you really think this game has no problems you are delusional and Sony would agree with me, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten rid of Superbot.

I asked......

No tournament results, i've taken down heavyjugz, didn't get the chance to fight dabuz yet. If you're not going to answer my question then we're through here.

How am i delusional? I saw how to play the game and craft combos adn setups like any fighting game. Its my fault people got stomped and blamed the game? I didn't come back for fights, I want answers, if you have none I'm gone again.
#56ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 10:58:20 AM
your time limit is up. you have no answers and this board is dead :/

Its a shame you're so lazy and won't support a game you like.
#57blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:00:44 AM
I've never heard of that player or have seen him high up in results but I'm going to give you the benifet of the doubt and say he's probably at least decent.

Anyway you want me to list the flaws? Okay then.

Modes and Online:

-No 1 vs 1 matchmaking/ranked, uncacceptable for a fighting game that's coming out in 2012, instead we get lol timed FFAs ranked with items on
-No timer+stock mode option, the ideal setting especially for offline tournaments
-2 vs 2 is timed only ranked
-Arcade mode is done poorly, matches should not be timed, explained in my other topic
-countless online glitches, Kind stated he was number 2 in 2 vs 2 on the rankings and his belt reset for no reason, you hear examples of things like this all the time
-Netcode is based off syncing and one screen taking priority over the other which means you can get hit by stuff you were nowhere near seemingly teleporting into them

Game Mechanics

-Air camping is too strong in the game, 90+% of setups, hit confirms, level 1s/2s become useless against this, top level play is essentially an air camp fest in nearly every MU
-No real normals in the game, characters movesets essentially compose of special moves and not much else, as a result this is like the only fighting game without footsies
-no real dashes, movement speed is far too slow, another reason why being in the air is almost always better
-stages are too big, only makes running away and air camping even easier
-the super system is far too limiting by nature and makes every match feel the same

Just from the top of my head.
#58blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:12:45 AM(edited)
ArthurZero12 posted...
your time limit is up. you have no answers and this board is dead :/

Its a shame you're so lazy and won't support a game you like.

Patience plz.

You asked me to list the flaws it's not like the game only has 1 or 2 minor ones, it was going to take some time. And I'm pretty sure I missed a few.

Also notice how all the things I listed had nothing to do with budget or time constraints. They were all intentional bad decisions. So I think my complaints are pretty valid and fair.

I mean I'm not even saying "WHY NOEZ CRASH!!??" like most people would.

Its my fault people got stomped and blamed the game?

Weakest PSASBR defense by far because good players are the ones stating the obvious design flaws. It's not that they don't understand the game, they actually understand it far better than you do. That's how they know it's flawed.
#59CrabhammarPosted 2/5/2013 11:14:56 AM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
I've never heard of that player or have seen him high up in results but I'm going to give you the benifet of the doubt and say he's probably at least decent.

Modes and Online:

-No 1 vs 1 matchmaking/ranked, uncacceptable for a fighting game that's coming out in 2012, instead we get lol timed FFAs ranked with items on
-No timer+stock mode option, the ideal setting especially for offline tournaments
-Arcade mode is done poorly, matches should not be timed, explained in my other topic
-countless online glitches, Kind stated he was number 2 in 2 vs 2 on the rankings and his belt reset for no reason, you hear examples of things like this all the time
-Netcode is based off syncing and one screen taking priority over the other which means you can get hit by stuff you were nowhere near seemingly teleporting into them

Game Mechanics

-Air camping is too strong in the game, 90+% of setups, hit confirms, level 1s/2s become useless against this, top level play is essentially an air camp fest in nearly every MU
-No real normals in the game, characters movesets essentially compose of special moves and not much else, as a result this is like the only fighting game without footsies
-no real dashes, movement speed is far too slow, another reason why being in the air is almost always better
-the super system is far too limiting by nature and makes every match feel the same

daaaaaamn, all of this.

#60ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 11:16:03 AM
blaze19_0X posted...

Modes and Online:

Game Mechanics

every single thing is fixed with a sequel and bigger budget, which they have now.

Air camping is not too strong, i'm sorry but its not. knockdowns are much better. The coles rule against air campers, it teaches you quick to not do that or quit the game.

Hit confirms are not a problem, i don't see why they are percieved as one. if you're getting hit by it, you're dyinng, its your fault.

Heihachi has one.

Lets take it back to smash.

that game looked horrible competitively in the starting rounds. Its now pretty refined. Nobody wants to give this game a chance and say 'hey air camping sucks, how do we make them fear that?'

I'm sorry but its laziness that is dooming this game. I'm going to keep making tutorial vids, match vids, running tournaments. I believe like the smashers did.