Do you regret getting this game now? Share your thoughts.

#61blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:23:59 AM(edited)
If you don't believe air camping is too strong in the game, I refuse to believe you've played anyone good or have watched videos of top players.

Just because like 3 characters have an answer for it doesn't change my statement about how it keeps you safe from 90% of setups.

Also I never mentioned hit confirming. Most hit confirms aren't even that great, again thanks to air camping.

And no, budget won't fix most of those problems because they have nothing to do with budget. Superbot didn't add timed only for the first 4 Arcade matches because of budget. They didn't choose to add FFA timed with items over 1 vs 1 because of budget. Or no dashing.
#62ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 11:27:02 AM
ArthurZero12 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
I've never heard of that player or have seen him high up in results but I'm going to give you the benifet of the doubt and say he's probably at least decent.

Anyway you want me to list the flaws? Okay then.

Modes and Online:

-No 1 vs 1 matchmaking/ranked, uncacceptable for a fighting game that's coming out in 2012, instead we get lol timed FFAs ranked with items on
-No timer+stock mode option, the ideal setting especially for offline tournaments
-2 vs 2 is timed only ranked
-Arcade mode is done poorly, matches should not be timed, explained in my other topic
-countless online glitches, Kind stated he was number 2 in 2 vs 2 on the rankings and his belt reset for no reason, you hear examples of things like this all the time
-Netcode is based off syncing and one screen taking priority over the other which means you can get hit by stuff you were nowhere near seemingly teleporting into them

Game Mechanics

-Air camping is too strong in the game, 90+% of setups, hit confirms, level 1s/2s become useless against this, top level play is essentially an air camp fest in nearly every MU
-No real normals in the game, characters movesets essentially compose of special moves and not much else, as a result this is like the only fighting game without footsies
-no real dashes, movement speed is far too slow, another reason why being in the air is almost always better
-stages are too big, only makes running away and air camping even easier
-the super system is far too limiting by nature and makes every match feel the same

Just from the top of my head.

every single thing is fixed with a sequel and bigger budget, which they have now.

Air camping is not too strong, i'm sorry but its not. knockdowns are much better. The coles rule against air campers, it teaches you quick to not do that or quit the game.

Hit confirms are not a problem, i don't see why they are percieved as one. if you're getting hit by it, you're dyinng, its your fault.

Heihachi has one.

Lets take it back to smash.

that game looked horrible competitively in the starting rounds. Its now pretty refined. Nobody wants to give this game a chance and say 'hey air camping sucks, how do we make them fear that?'

I'm sorry but its laziness that is dooming this game. I'm going to keep making tutorial vids, match vids, running tournaments. I believe like the smashers did.

right there
#63blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:28:01 AM
Where in there did I say hit confirming was a problem? I think you are a bit confused.
#64ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 11:32:02 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
If you don't believe air camping is too strong in the game, I refuse to believe you've played anyone good or have watched videos of top players.

Just because like 3 characters have an answer for it doesn't change my statement about how it keeps you safe from 90% of setups.

Also I never mentioned hit confirming. Most hit confirms aren't even that great, again thanks to air camping.

And no, budget won't fix most of those problems because they have nothing to do with budget. Superbot didn't add timed only for the first 4 Arcade matches because of budget. They didn't choose to add FFA timed with items over 1 vs 1 because of budget. Or no dashing.

Its your opinion i guess. I'm not here to argue but understand this negative viewpoint abou tthe game. You haven't really given concrete answers.

so 3 characters have answers to a problem you have with the game's meta. Use them and force it to change.

All of the timers and 1v1 options could have been design choices. You don't know, i don't know, we have no paperwork on it.
#65atopthemountainPosted 2/5/2013 11:34:37 AM
PielordX posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
Rainbowsaurus posted...
No. I play it every day.

This. With or without DLC this game has been worth my cash.

^
and i preordered....idgaf
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#66ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 11:37:54 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Where in there did I say hit confirming was a problem? I think you are a bit confused.

If you are talking about game mecahnic flaws and put hit confirms int hat sentence people are going to believe you have a problem with them. Its in yoru quote about the air camping.
#67blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:43:42 AM(edited)
My point is most of these hit confirms and setups characters have are useless anyway because of air camping that good players utilize. You might hit them once in a blue moon but most of the time you'll get punished for fishing for them.

This game has a lot of potential tech especially for characters like Dante...but it's mainly ground based in an air based game. So it becomes irrelevant. Which is sad.

But then again even as a ground based game it would have had issues because characters lack normals, most only have specials.
#68ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 11:44:34 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
My point is most of these hit confirms and setups characters have are useless anyway because of air camping that good players utilize. You might hit them once in a blue moon but most of the time you'll get punished for fishing for them.

This game has a lot of potential tech especially for characters like Dante...but it's mainly ground based in an air based game. So it becomes irrelevant. Which is sad.

But then again even as a ground based game it would have had issues because characters lack normals, most only have specials.

air to ground combos exist in this game. air to ground combo -> super also exists in this game. Air camping will become mediocre.
#69blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:48:00 AM(edited)
ArthurZero12 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

air to ground combos exist in this game. air to ground combo -> super also exists in this game. Air camping will become mediocre.

But most characters don't have this. Only the Coles and Nariko for the most part. Unless you count wall combos which only work at very specific distances on certain stages.

I highly doubt air camping will cease to become a dominant strategy. The game is just built that way where it's the best option.
#70ArthurZero12Posted 2/5/2013 11:52:06 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
ArthurZero12 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

But most characters don't have this. Only the Coles and Nariko for the most part. Unless you count wall combos which only work at very specific distances on certain stages.

I highly doubt air camping will cease to become a dominant strategy. The game is just built that way where it's the best option.

Spike and sir dan have the as well, i think sackboy has one too. Games change, i easily see it getting stuffed. Its obvious what everyone does now and they become predictable in their movements.