Well, I think it's finally happening for me.

#1CrabhammarPosted 2/4/2013 7:21:20 PM
I'm getting bored. This game is boring me. And the reason is partly what you're thinking: Super system. It's just way too damn repetitive how this game plays:

1) Spam projectile/combo starters
2) Spam hitconfirms into Level 1/2

OR

3) Wait until Level 3

The problem is how un-open-ended the killing is. You can wail on your opponent however you want, but if that special hit doesn't land, you've just wasted your time. And you're always going through the saaaame motions OVER and OVER. In the past week, I have thoroughly played with every character except Evil Cole (no words need to be said), Kratos (ses E. Cole), and Spike (just never got around to it). And everyone refers to the flowchart above. In fact, let me combine my two points with Evil Cole. The flowchart Evil Cole that randoms LOOOOVE to play is the perfect example of how repetitive this game is.

Charge Giga Punch.
Run into crowd.
Slap Circle.
Did it land one person? Level 1 OR BnB (you know the one).
Missed? Hurr durr gonna go charge more.

AND THAT'S IT. Going through the motions. Is that seriously fun? Filing papers is just as repetitive. It's just really repetitive. This game is really repetitive.

Don't type while tired, kids.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#2RainbowsaurusPosted 2/4/2013 7:22:17 PM
K
---
-Damn the DLC!-
Game Over
#3SelitePosted 2/4/2013 7:22:50 PM
Aren't most game just repetitively going through the motions?
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#4blaze19_0XPosted 2/4/2013 7:23:59 PM
Agreed. These are all valid complaints.
#5G-ScythePosted 2/4/2013 7:24:11 PM
take a break

i only play this game about twice a week and i mix other games in the middle.
it feels fresh to me.

also, try playing "outside the box"
me and my friends sometimes just play unranked and instead of trying to win, we just focus on screwing up the other characters. you would be surprised how fun this is.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#6PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 7:24:51 PM
Seems like you need a break, games get annoying when you clock in too much time into them at once.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#7Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:28:15 PM
I should probably take a break. I've been playing this game religiously since Day 1 with about a three week break in late October. I suppose one gets burned out.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
#8ShorydoukenPosted 2/4/2013 7:29:39 PM
Crabhammar posted...

Run into crowd.
Slap Air >[].
Did it land one person? Freeze into Level 1 OR BnB (you know the one).
Missed? Hurr durr gonna go run to do it some more.

AND THAT'S IT..

---
Trolling is the Humor/Anger of the internet. Without it, we would not have balance. Or something like that... PSN:Luigifan20
#9blaze19_0XPosted 2/4/2013 7:32:38 PM(edited)
Crabhammar posted...
I should probably take a break. I've been playing this game religiously since Day 1 with about a three week break in late October. I suppose one gets burned out.

The thing is this is the only game I've really tried to get into where I got burned out so quickly especially when trying to play it seriously.

I've clocked countless hours into games like Monster Hunter and Smash and much of it was all at once.

It's like you said the Super system is just too darn limiting. It makes every match feel the same. I can have 100 matches in a row using the same characters in Street Fighter or Smash and they all feel different and fun.

Superbot took arguably the most exciting aspect of fighting games (finishing moves, those last moments/kills) and turned it inot the most repetitive aspect of the game. As a result no matches are super memorable. Or at the very least, not nearly as much as they could be.
#10Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:31:57 PM
Shorydouken posted...
Crabhammar posted...

Run into crowd.
Slap Air >[].
Did it land one person? Freeze into Level 1 OR BnB (you know the one).
Missed? Hurr durr gonna go run to do it some more.

AND THAT'S IT..

Exactly. I know you're trying to rip on my G. Cole but that's basically how everyone in this freaking game plays. I guess the only people who have flexibility are Jak and Nariko since they HAVE to bank on that Level 3, but even then, they can just W. Concussor/Blaster and Discus spam.
---