Well, I think it's finally happening for me.

#31Capitan_KidPosted 2/4/2013 11:05:27 PM
I know how you feel TC. The Super Kill system is too rigid so it kinda feels like your doing the same thing over and over. Kat will make things interesting tho
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#32TerotrousPosted 2/4/2013 11:09:21 PM
This is equally true of all fighting games. It's why I can never stand to play like 500 hours of them.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#33blaze19_0XPosted 2/4/2013 11:13:33 PM(edited)
Terotrous posted...
This is equally true of all fighting games. It's why I can never stand to play like 500 hours of them.

Incorrect.

Out of all the fighting games I've played, PSASBR is the only one I've been burned out with this quickly. In no other fighting game are your kill options so limited. There's a reason people are saying it about this game not other fighters.

I've played Smash for well over 500 hours and I could play it again tomorrow and I assure you I wouldn't be bored. I'm positive I'm not the only one here.
#34PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 11:13:23 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Terotrous posted...

Incorrect.

Out of all the fighting games I've played, PSASBR is the only one I've been burned out with this quickly. In no other fighting game are your kill options so limited. There's a reason people are saying it about this game not other fighters.

I've played Smash for well over 500 hours and I could play it again tomorrow and I assure you I wouldn't be bored.

Believe me, none of us are shocked.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#35blaze19_0XPosted 2/4/2013 11:19:30 PM(edited)
You can kid yourself all you want and say it's the same for all fighting games, but you'd only be lying to yourself.

Just the fact that not randoms, but literally most of the best players on this board are complaining about the game or saying they are getting bored of it should tell you something.

When random bad players are bashing a game you can attribute it to them trolling/not understanding how to play/being scrubs. When the best players are doing it clearly there's something wrong with the game.

Crab just said this was the first fighting game he took seriously, so you can't even say he's biased because it's not enough like X fighter.
#36PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 11:25:58 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
You can kid yourself all you want and say it's the same for all fighting games, but you'd only be lying to yourself.

Just the fact that not randoms, but literally most of the best players on this board are complaining about the game or saying they are getting bored of it should tell you something.

When random bad players are bashing a game you can attribute it to them trolling/not understanding how to play/being scrubs. When the best players are doing it clearly there's something wrong with the game.

Crab just said this was the first fighting game he took seriously, so you can't even say he's biased because it's not enough like X fighter.

I said that cause you said you would never get bored playing smash, you are a fan of smash aren't you?
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#37blaze19_0XPosted 2/4/2013 11:30:00 PM(edited)
I'm a fan of fighting games in general. That was just one example. I've actually been playing SF4:AE and PSASBR lately, haven't really touched Smash much unless you count unlocking stuff with a half-broken GC controller in Melee.

Anyway I can go a hundred matches in SF4 online and not get bored while using the same character. The same goes for Smash. I grew up playing games like KOF and it was the same deal. But it's not the case in PSASBR which is saddening.
#38PielordXPosted 2/4/2013 11:36:10 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
I'm a fan of fighting games in general. That was just one example. I've actually been playing SF4:AE and PSASBR lately, haven't really touched Smash much unless you count unlocking stuff with a half-broken GC controller in Melee.

Anyway I can go a hundred matches in SF4 online and not get bored while using the same character. The same goes for Smash. I grew up playing games like KOF and it was the same deal. But it's not the case in PSASBR which is saddening.

Sorry to offend, its just you've made yourself sound like a Smash Bros fanatic for a while.
---
#39Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:15:41 AM
See, the problem that I have with other fighters are the controls. To me, it's an unnecessary hurdle that's put there for the lolz. Seriously, fighting games are a bit ridiculous that way.

The second thing is that I'm behind the curve. I remember picking up MvC3 from Gamefly. I'd always played MvC2 with my friends, so I thought "why not". The first match I did online, I got trapped in one of those newfangled infinites vs. Wolverine. It was horrible ;_; so I stopped attempting to learn for a long time. I might try to pick it back up again if people are saying it's WAAAAY more fun than this.

Also if Brawl had good online, I don't think I'd have left my Wii to collect dust in my room.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#40SelitePosted 2/5/2013 5:53:10 AM
Crabhammar posted...
See, the problem that I have with other fighters are the controls. To me, it's an unnecessary hurdle that's put there for the lolz. Seriously, fighting games are a bit ridiculous that way.

The second thing is that I'm behind the curve. I remember picking up MvC3 from Gamefly. I'd always played MvC2 with my friends, so I thought "why not". The first match I did online, I got trapped in one of those newfangled infinites vs. Wolverine. It was horrible ;_; so I stopped attempting to learn for a long time. I might try to pick it back up again if people are saying it's WAAAAY more fun than this.

Also if Brawl had good online, I don't think I'd have left my Wii to collect dust in my room.

Mortal Kombat has nice and easy controls.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5