Ahh... I just realized I'll never be able to play as Ico in PSASBR possibly ever

#1Chzrm3Posted 2/4/2013 11:33:45 PM(edited)
But it's all good cause I just got 80/80 SONS!!!!

Naw but seriously, that's a sad and empty feeling. I was fine with this game's whacky, stupid, Playstation Ad-Stars roster, because I always figured sequels/DLC would eventually cover the guys I cared about.

Ico...
Spyro...
Toan...
The Prince...
Cloud...
Alicia...
Journeyer....
A Dark Souls/DS rep...

Q_Q

Man, I remember back when this board started, I'd argue with anybody who wanted Selvaria in the game over Alicia. Now I'd love to have Selvaria - I'd do cartwheels if she was announced as DLC somehow. XD

That feel just happened where it sunk in that this 20 (soon to be 22, LETS HOPE) is it. Forever.

There are bigger problems in life, so it's not like my world is crashing down around me, but at the same time I always joke around with my friends and say "where do you think Smash will be in 10 years? What characters will we have?" And we had done that with PSASBR too, and it was fun to think where this franchise would be at that point. What new characters would get in, what old ones would find their way in, what 3rd party surprises we'd get...

Now I guess PSASBR's just gonna be a 22-character roster forever.

What a relief that I got Kat, ffs. XD
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#2taoxadasaPosted 2/4/2013 11:46:10 PM
You should blame Team ICO on that one.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#3ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/4/2013 11:48:29 PM
Sony should have just just grown a pair and should have told Team ICO to suck it up with the whole "degrading our art" nonsense
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#4rumbalumbaPosted 2/5/2013 12:04:09 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Sony should have just just grown a pair and should have told Team ICO to suck it up with the whole "degrading our art" nonsense

save that Team Ico never said anything about "degrading their art". It's just people making things up. It could just be a simple "no, we don't want them in your game."
#5ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/5/2013 12:31:52 AM
rumbalumba posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...

save that Team Ico never said anything about "degrading their art". It's just people making things up. It could just be a simple "no, we don't want them in your game."

Then Sony should have stepped in and said "too bad, we're using them."

For a franchise that was supposed to be a big deal, Sony seemed to just sit back and do nothing regarding things like this
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#6rumbalumbaPosted 2/5/2013 12:47:46 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
rumbalumba posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...

Then Sony should have stepped in and said "too bad, we're using them."

For a franchise that was supposed to be a big deal, Sony seemed to just sit back and do nothing regarding things like this

well, the storyboard and gameplay concept are the things that mostly influenced devs' decisions to become part of the game. Sony can only get SB to the door, they still have to convince other devs to actually let them in by showing them whatever SB has got. if the devs didn't like what they saw, then what would Sony do? again, Sony gave them the budget and "marketing" and support. yes, it's a very different support given to a studio like Santa Monica, but SM is Sony-owned and so are ND, Polyphony. You don't see Sony going all-out with other dev studios, or at least not as much as what they do for their first-party devs. just look at Heavy Rain. it got as much advertising as All-Stars, heck it didn't even have any "commercial" trailers on Youtube.