Geez, I certainly missed a lot yesterday

#1NDgamer1122Posted 2/5/2013 5:25:40 AM
I was too busy playing Okami HD.

Anyways, after glancing through the deluge of topics and seeing what people have to say, here's my 2 cents:

I'm actually glad SuperBot is not working on this anymore. Reasons being include questionable design decisions (supers only kill, stage mash-ups), general character imbalance (in my opinion), and glitches up the wazoo, with new ones coming with each old thing they fix. One of these glitches made it so belts just randomly reset, which detracts from any interest I would have had if the belt system was actually fun in the first place. I didn't play ranked much, but it just sounded like a cesspool of hit confirm spammers and rage quitters, and that sounded like something I'd have no fun dealing with, anyways.

I didn't originally have gripes about this, but everything kind of felt cheaply put together. The arcade mode was barely decent, the load times were long, the menus were bland as hell, and again, many glitches, mostly being online. I had faith in SuperBot at first, but their general inexperience and lack of good programmers really shined through over the months.

Now, for some positive things. I did think that they had a good variety of characters, even if they were unable to get all the ones they and the fans wanted, but that's more from lack of Sony's support and certain 3rd parties being difficult. But, with what characters they did have, they managed to give them extremely varied movesets and playstyles, and all of them felt very different. I thought the animations for the characters was really well done, too. The voicework, not so much. They really didn't have fleshed out characters and decided to make them mostly one dimensional, mostly overly aggresive. I guess that's what needed to be done in terms of a fighting game, but it still irks me.

Here's hoping Santa Monica actually gives good support to this game. I don't see us getting our long requested top picks, but maybe some of the ones that are easier to get and that developers actually want in the game. As for a sequel, hopefully we'll have one, and if we do, hopefully it'll be a more experienced team with much more support from Sony.
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 2/5/2013 5:47:34 AM(edited)
i disagree that the animations were done well. dante has a taunt that he adjusts invisible gloves on 2 out of his 3 attires. also the collision detection isnt very good, you can see it well on spikes lvl2 and narikos lvl1 supers. sometimes when i win a match, my character flips and you see his back for a split second during his win pose. its sloppy and glitchy.
#3NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:55:15 AM
i disagree that the animations were done well. dante has a taunt that he adjusts invisible gloves on 2 out of his 3 attires. also the collision detection isnt very good, you can see it well on spikes lvl2 and narikos lvl1 supers. sometimes when i win a match, my character flips and you see his back for a split second during his win pose. its sloppy and glitchy.

Well, glitches aside, I meant that the animation was faithful to how the character would behave. Kratos feels like Kratos, Jak feels like Jak, etc.