there is no doubt the game would have sold better

#1dadkwasherePosted 2/5/2013 9:05:38 AM
If it had more content. 20 chsracters at launch seem pretty low to me

Single player never changes. It would have been better if they changed it up. There are no stock matches ever, its always the same-1v1, 3v, ect. Ect.

Lack of unlockables such as trophies. Me wants a sully and murray trophy or art.

More single player modes. Survival, where you kill as much as you can before losing youe life (or lives). Status ailment mode, where there are certain conditions during battle- your enemy gains more ap, you slowly lose ap, you chsracter cant double jump, more gravity, ect.

More multiplayer modes, such as a sort of capture mode where you attack ap boxes as the only means to get ap, with your moves only knocking away enemies.

Game needs more options in custom games, the obvious one being add a hp bar and, such.

When it comes, down to it the game just lacked in content. It had so much potential, to be a, great, game instead of a good one. You can agree to disagree, I liked the game but it just sort of felt empty.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#2pixel378Posted 2/5/2013 9:09:42 AM
Yeah, no lie. They excluded lots of things we take for granted as no brainer decisons.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#3dadkwashere(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:12:34 AM
pixel378 posted...
Yeah, no lie. They excluded lots of things we take for granted as no brainer decisons.

Glad im not the only one that thinks, like this. I love the gameplay, they just needed to expand more on it.
---
#4Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 9:14:06 AM
Yeah, this game honestly needed another 6 months - 1 year to be market-ready. More characters and stages are the big, glaring things, but you're right on about the lack of options, even in something simple like the 1 v 1 mode.

For shame, Superboy.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#5dadkwashere(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:18:27 AM(edited)
Chzrm3 posted...
Yeah, this game honestly needed another 6 months - 1 year to be market-ready. More characters and stages are the big, glaring things, but you're right on about the lack of options, even in something simple like the 1 v 1 mode.

For shame, Superboy.

I mean in a party brawler you kind of HAVE to mix it up in single player. The reason why most people thought arcade was bland was for the lack of any change in its formula. This would have been forgiven if it was a traditional, two dimensional, fighting game.
For shame, superboy indeed. I still feel bad for them in their current state of affairs but if you want to, stay in the video game market you need to stay competitive.
---
#6dadkwashere(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:19:48 AM
Urgh sorry about the, commas guys. Im typing, from my phone. Its located next to space on the keyboard.
---
#7Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 9:21:16 AM
dadkwashere posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

For shame, Superboy.

I mean in a party brawler you kind of HAVE to mix it up in single player. The reason why most people thought arcade was bland was for the lack of any change in its formula. This would have been forgiven if it was a traditional, two dimensional, fighting game.
For shame, superboy indeed. I still feel bad for them in their current state of affairs but if you want to, stay in the video game market you need to stay competitive.

Yeah, definitely.

And there's something I found so weird initially, but now it kind of makes sense - the challenge tower actually has a lot of fun modes. There's infinite level 1 super mode, there's a combo mode where you gain progressively more AP as you combo people without being hit, there's a mode where you can only get AP by collecting cakes, etc... and yet, despite the fact that Superbot made all those modes, you can't pick them in multiplayer.

When the game came out, I was like "oh, there's probably a legitimate reason as to why they didn't do that." But in hindsight, I'm realizing it was just another stupid thing they didn't even think about.

And options like that definitely would've helped it review better, which would've helped sales. A lot of reviews criticized how bare-bones the options felt.

Seriously, when they've already got it programmed in the game, what's so hard about adding it into multiplayer? They've done the hard part already! They've made those modes! And then they just leave them in the challenge tower. #@%@#%@#$!%
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#8blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 9:21:54 AM
dadkwashere posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

For shame, Superboy.

Actually even traditional fighting game arcade modes tend to be better. They never force you into time out only matches. It's always health+time so how long it takes is up to you.

Also they have things like secret bosses and minigames.
#9pixel378Posted 2/5/2013 9:23:41 AM
It could have also heavily benefitted from being truthful in a alpha/beta way further from release and saying straight up "This is what we plan on adding, bugs we know about etc, what needs to be in this game, more than just characters".

People would have reacted so strongly it would have been in development to this day lol. But instead they pretty much lied and strung us along with the "Not the finished product" stuff so we thought all of it would be added and it was "Just a beta"
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#10dadkwashere(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:24:45 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
dadkwashere posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

For shame, Superboy.

Actually even traditional fighting game arcade modes tend to be better. They never force you into time out only matches. It's always health+time so how long it takes is up to you.

Also they have things like secret bosses and minigames.

Hmm Im familiar with the minibosses and minigames, but can you explain how traditional ones get better, please? I only noticed a change in difficulty but you might have noticed something else, lol.
---