Simple changes that would have made Arcade mode better.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 10:15:23 AM
-No match should be timed, really dumb idea, even Smash let alone tradtional fighters never did this, you are basically forcing someone to play longer just to make the mode seem longer
-teams matches should be represented
-3 vs 1 matches should be represented
-Stock matches (survival) should be represented

This is another example of not budget, but bad decisions holding Superbot back. All of these changes should have been obvious.

I mean, I enjoyed Arcade mode in this game (finished everyone on All-Star) but only because I was using the characters seriously for the first time mainly so I was learning them and doing it at the same time. If it weren't for that it probably would have gotten stale for me too.
#2legendofskylandPosted 2/5/2013 10:17:01 AM
I agree with all of these
#3Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 10:17:52 AM
Yeah, that's one of those things where you honestly have to wonder if they were even thinking. 5 seconds of glancing over a typical arcade mode experience should've had someone say "hey, why not add a stock match?"
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#4PokemonYoutubePosted 2/5/2013 10:44:15 AM
No timed matches.
Animated cutscenes.
More character interaction.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#5dadkwasherePosted 2/5/2013 10:47:15 AM
Dont forget randomness.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#6xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/5/2013 10:54:00 AM
PokemonYoutube posted...

More character interaction.

This. The whole point of a crossover game is to experiment with character relationships. Just look at any other crossover game, they play this card to a T.

Brawl accomplishes this well through the Subspace Emissary and through its Event Match system.

MvC (expecially MvC3 and UMvC3) includes character intros and outros that actually change depending on who you're facing or who's on your team. Hell, even adding the little touch of having your character call another character's name when you tag is GENIUS (would you ever imagine Chris Redfield calling out for Rocket Raccoon's help? Didn't think so).

Dissidia Final Fantasy and its prequel/remake Duodecim accomplishes this feel through its story and cutscenes (I mean, its Final Fantasy. Of course you have to have a story, albeit a poorly written one).

Mortal Kombat vs DCU does this extremely well through the character interactions in its Story Mode.

Project X Zone... Well, the character interactions in this game speak for themselves. Same can be said about Namco X Capcom.

... Among others. I can only imagine how well Shin-Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem will accomplish this task...

PSAS only features a brief cutscene with a "rival". That's it. Other than the opening intro (which has no bearing on the game's "story"), Arcade Mode's the only place where this theme of crossovers is even relevant. No driving story behind Polygon Man, no alliances being made, no interesting crossovers featuring more than just two combatants, no special battle interactions, nothing of the sort. I think SuperBot really dropped the ball in this department...
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.