Santa Monica Studios has a touch of death

#1RoboDaleGribblePosted 2/5/2013 10:22:44 AM
Twisted Metal
Starhawk
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

All games co-developed by Santa Monica Studios. All 2012 flops.
#2I_Wanna_CookiePosted 2/5/2013 10:23:32 AM
God of War
---
I'm handsome.
#3blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 10:24:22 AM
Wait Santa Monica co-developed Starhawk?

Well that certainly explains why Emmet Graves is DLC. It's the same story as Fat Princess.

And yeah, they've been having a rough time lately.
#4AndKevinBaconPosted 2/5/2013 10:24:37 AM
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Flop of War
#5pixel378Posted 2/5/2013 10:26:06 AM
They had very little to nothing to do with the failures of any of those games, but the main studios that produced them. But Twisted metal is one of the most kickass games I have ever played, 10x the game this is. They just got crippled by losing connections etc. but it was still a masterpiece.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#6Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 10:30:49 AM
pixel378 posted...
They had very little to nothing to do with the failures of any of those games, but the main studios that produced them. But Twisted metal is one of the most kickass games I have ever played, 10x the game this is. They just got crippled by losing connections etc. but it was still a masterpiece.

Yeah, I'm with you. My brother and I played through the story mode together (co-op story mode, so legit!) and it was some of the most fun I've had this generation.

That game's seriously amazing.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#7pixel378Posted 2/5/2013 10:47:04 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
pixel378 posted...

Yeah, I'm with you. My brother and I played through the story mode together (co-op story mode, so legit!) and it was some of the most fun I've had this generation.

That game's seriously amazing.

Me and my friend spent all night doing coop trying to beat those damn double semi trucks. Such a infuriating game, but thats part of the appeal. So many great memories online too. My friend was that wheel car, and was flying down the highway, ran over a car and was flying through the air out of control, screaming "F@#@ with me!" and I was rolling, he was like 1-20 and that was his first kill and thats what he yells out hahaha.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#8ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/5/2013 11:50:24 AM
Well, those 3 games were primarily developed by other the other studios. SM didn't actually take over the development side until the other 3 companies were fired/laid off

Of course, SM didn't really change much development with TM and Starhawk afterwards and just let them die, so you can see why my expectations arent high for this
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#9blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 11:51:45 AM
I heard the problem with TM was by the time they fixed and patched the game, people stopped caring. If it had come out as a polished game it might have sold more.
#10ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/5/2013 12:03:22 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
I heard the problem with TM was by the time they fixed and patched the game, people stopped caring. If it had come out as a polished game it might have sold more.

That, and the single player was crap. Personally, I didn't care for single player, but there are people out there who were expecting it.

Even Jaffe said that if you were buying the game for single player, you'd be better off saving your money
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying