The future of All-Stars.....

#1tlcstormzPosted 2/5/2013 10:10:25 AM
With Superbot being gone, what does this mean for the following :

- Presence at fighting game tournaments??? Everyone should tune into Wednesday Night Fights. Hopefully Seth or Clock will show up and give an interview. You'd better believe that the new team IS NOT gonna show up at local tournaments, Evo, and ComicCon. The only reason Superbot was always around was because they were TRULY fans, nerds, and enthusiasts for the FGC.

- DLC, patches, and further support of the game??? Is the new studio ALLOWED to work on content that was already made by Superbot? Or can they only add NEW content?

- If this was all a PR scam to dissolve Superbot and rehire it's employees within an OFFICAL Sony studio...would we know???

- While some of you may thinks it's "teh LOLz" to say that SCE Santa Monica Studios is a crap team, do you even KNOW what games they have worked on???

Kinetica (their very first game and my personal favorite racing game of all time!)

God Of War series (one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time)

flOw

PixelJunk series

Warhawk / Starhawk series

FLOWER (one of my favorite games of all time!)

Fat Princess series

JOURNEY (one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time and one of my faves)

Sound Shapes

The Unfinished Swan

The Last Guardian (the newest chapter of the Shadow Of The Colossus / Ico series, a game so big that it probably won't even come out until we get the PS4)
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#2SelitePosted 2/5/2013 10:12:29 AM
tlcstormz posted...
- DLC, patches, and further support of the game??? Is the new studio ALLOWED to work on content that was already made by Superbot? Or can they only add NEW content?

Considering the properties were Sony owned and at the time Superbot were working for Sony I would assume so.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#3chiefofsb78Posted 2/5/2013 10:12:40 AM
Where is Superbot going? i didnt read them going anywhere and will still be handling dlc
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#4dadkwasherePosted 2/5/2013 10:12:58 AM
tlcstormz posted...
With Superbot being gone, what does this mean for the following :

- Presence at fighting game tournaments??? Everyone should tune into Wednesday Night Fights. Hopefully Seth or Clock will show up and give an interview. You'd better believe that the new team IS NOT gonna show up at local tournaments, Evo, and ComicCon. The only reason Superbot was always around was because they were TRULY fans, nerds, and enthusiasts for the FGC.

- If this was all a PR scam to dissolve Superbot and rehire it's employees within an OFFICAL Sony studio...would we know???

- While some of you may thinks it's "teh LOLz" to say that SCE Santa Monica Studios is a crap team, do you even KNOW what games they have worked on???

Kinetica (their very first game and my personal favorite racing game of all time!)

God Of War series (one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time)

flOw

PixelJunk series

Warhawk / Starhawk series

FLOWER (one of my favorite games of all time!)

Fat Princess series

JOURNEY (one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time and one of my faves)

Sound Shapes

The Unfinished Swan

The Last Guardian (the newest chapter of the Shadow Of The Colossus / Ico series, a game so big that it probably won't even come out until we get the PS4)

Whst im worried about is Santa Monica will release a few things for it and call it the day. They themselves have projects they are working on, acension, the last guardian, ect.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#5InninXIPosted 2/5/2013 10:14:00 AM
the game was co-devloped by Santa Monica..
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess Main: "Cake Please!"
#6blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 10:14:49 AM
Superbot guys can still show up to WNF, they just won't have anything to say that's relevent to production anymore, the game is out of there hands.

However, if the only reason they were there was for PR, then yeah, they might not show up anymore. But if they are true fans as you say, they should still show up.
#7boy_luckPosted 2/5/2013 10:17:04 AM
I don't think anyone here has said Santa Monica is a bad studio. Also, Flow, Flower and Journey had Santa Monica as a consultant and producer, but absolutely all the work was done by Thatgamecompany... so yeah. Actually, Santa Monica had nothing to do with Flow and Flower, they just published the games.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#8Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 10:27:22 AM
I didn't realize SSM was working on the Last Guardian, that's crazy!

So that means we could potentially get the Journey guy and a team ICO rep as DLC, if SSM decides they want to do another batch of DLC for the game? WOW!!!!!

It's a shame they almost definitely won't. I don't blame them at all, though. This is Superboy and Sony's fault, SSM is just picking up the pieces.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#9tlcstormz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:55:04 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
However, if the only reason they were there was for PR, then yeah, they might not show up anymore. But if they are true fans as you say, they should still show up.

Even "true fans" could be burned so badly by their bosses that they could say "screw this," ya know. :-p

boy_luck posted...
Actually, Santa Monica had nothing to do with Flow and Flower, they just published the games.

Watch all of the Developer Diaries. They had a hand in some of the stuff towards the end and they were very supportive.
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#10AWorldUnitedPosted 2/6/2013 10:22:23 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
I didn't realize SSM was working on the Last Guardian.

So that means we could potentially get the Journey guy and a team ICO rep as DLC, if SSM decides they want to do another batch of DLC for the game? WOW!!!!!

that be so amazing, I would shed tears of happiness.