Why this was poorly received. (Supers)

#31IcyFlamez96Posted 2/5/2013 3:27:48 PM
AP limit mode.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#32Odyssey92Posted 2/5/2013 3:28:33 PM
SilentProtag posted...
Terrapon posted...
judgementaeon posted...
I like supers more.

me2. you actually have to work to win.

How does it take more work than any other fighting game? in my opinion it's much easier, and you're not punished as much for playing badly (competitive fighting gamer here)

You can't be as opportunistic and just wait in the sidelines for the whole match and just steal a kill when you want to
---
TKB
#33ZanooooPosted 2/5/2013 3:30:35 PM
Chzrm3 ,
i disagree about spike bro, you lock them down your the banana ****(the bananas themselves and the boomerang) and then do his unblockable air dive kick thing, then hit them with his toy car into lv1. Characters like big daddy have such a hard time against this.
---
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman
#34IcyFlamez96Posted 2/5/2013 3:32:31 PM
Zanoooo posted...
Chzrm3 ,
i disagree about spike bro, you lock them down your the banana ****(the bananas themselves and the boomerang) and then do his unblockable air dive kick thing, then hit them with his toy car into lv1. Characters like big daddy have such a hard time against this.

Ive gone against a lot of beastly Spike players and they always end up going for the level 2. So many dedicated Spike's have written long rants on this.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
#35SilentProtag(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:32:35 PM
ideally this game (played at a competitive level) would be stock mode anyway, so 'kill steals' wouldn't be an issue. It would have been all about the last man standing.
#36xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/5/2013 3:33:12 PM
Unique =/= Good

There's one fundamental flaw to SuperBot's implementation of the Super system, and it's that each character is very limited in how they can perform them. Not only that, but this is the ONLY means of scoring a point. Why ringouts and falls do not count as a death is, quite frankly, very confusing.

SuperBot would definitely have been better off with giving each character access to about 4 level one supers (and their aerial counterparts) and 2 level 2 supers. That way, gameplay would not become a monotonous grind to build up to the same super, just trying to fish for the same setup through the entirety of a match.

Adding on to that, getting hit should cause a character to actually LOSE AP (lose half of what the other player is gaining). That way, there is an actual feeling of punishment upon getting hit, and more satisfaction for the player doing the damage. A tremendous oversight by SuperBot, in my opinion, and a fighting game staple (taking damage) that was crapped on by the SuperBot devs.

In retrospect, I really have NO idea why I purchased this game at full price. I think right when I jumped onto the lazily designed main menu, I KNEW that I may have made a mistake. And upon encountering game-breaking glitches both online and being talked about on this board, I knew for sure that this game was in some hot water. It's a real dang shame that Superbot would release such an incomplete product... In all honesty, it should never have existed at all with the limited amount of resources and uncooperative third party support that it was receiving.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#37jump__0Posted 2/5/2013 3:34:00 PM
Odyssey92 posted...
SilentProtag posted...
Terrapon posted...
judgementaeon posted...
I like supers more.

How does it take more work than any other fighting game? in my opinion it's much easier, and you're not punished as much for playing badly (competitive fighting gamer here)

You can't be as opportunistic and just wait in the sidelines for the whole match and just steal a kill when you want to

Glad you said "as opportunistic" because people can still do it. Quite easily if you're a decent player too.

IcyFlamez96 posted...
AP limit mode.

what do you mean? A kind of handicap where one or more players always have x amount of AP or a mode where everyone always has access to lv 1 or something else?
---
power of friendship one shots everything. - DarkHeroZX
#38IcyFlamez96Posted 2/5/2013 3:34:53 PM
Whoever gets to "X" amount of AP first wins.
---
#39blazin640Posted 2/5/2013 3:36:32 PM
Odyssey92 posted...
SilentProtag posted...
Terrapon posted...
judgementaeon posted...
I like supers more.

If you think about it, in other fighters you have to do your best moves to win. Hitting people constantly just to get their health down is boring IMO if you think about. Everybody is always gonna do their best combos and what not. At least with this you can do your best combos but it all comes down to 3 supers, which adds a bunch of strategy (not including brain dead hit confirms).
---
There goes my free time
#40SilentProtag(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:37:36 PM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Unique =/= Good

There's one fundamental flaw to SuperBot's implementation of the Super system, and it's that each character is very limited in how they can perform them. Not only that, but this is the ONLY means of scoring a point. Why ringouts and falls do not count as a death is, quite frankly, very confusing.

SuperBot would definitely have been better off with giving each character access to about 4 level one supers (and their aerial counterparts) and 2 level 2 supers. That way, gameplay would not become a monotonous grind to build up to the same super, just trying to fish for the same setup through the entirety of a match.

Adding on to that, getting hit should cause a character to actually LOSE AP (lose half of what the other player is gaining). That way, there is an actual feeling of punishment upon getting hit, and more satisfaction for the player doing the damage. A tremendous oversight by SuperBot, in my opinion, and a fighting game staple (taking damage) that was crapped on by the SuperBot devs.

In retrospect, I really have NO idea why I purchased this game at full price. I think right when I jumped onto the lazily designed main menu, I KNEW that I may have made a mistake. And upon encountering game-breaking glitches both online and being talked about on this board, I knew for sure that this game was in some hot water. It's a real dang shame that Superbot would release such an incomplete product... In all honesty, it should never have existed at all with the limited amount of resources and uncooperative third party support that it was receiving.

I agree.

I don't completely regret my purchase because despite ALL its issues, it was very fun to play with my bro in online 2v2 for the first week or two.

but the Power Point menus and character select glitches and infinite level 2 supers, etc etc. all should have been a warning sign for sure.

it seems like very little thought was put into a lot of areas in the game.

The overall combat is actually pretty good, but the problem is it's all fluff compared to how much Supers matter, and the Supers system is just bad