Why this was poorly received. (Supers)

#51SilentProtag(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:18:28 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
1. This game is financially doing quite well, aside from the fact these are one of those games that people eventually break down and get after hearing good word of mouth, not buy day one.

2. This game probably deserves the reviews it got TBH. Reviews bashed it for all the wrong reasons, but ultimately, it's a 8/10 in my book. Roster is too small, lacks iconic characters, and it isn't that balanced. In general, it lacks the content to be sold for 60 compared to other fighting games on the market.

In general, I'm not really sure if I would have paid 60 at launch if I knew it would drop in price so quickly, which in all honestly is probably the realistic price for how much it took to make the game.

So no, the game wasn't poorly received or "poorly" reviewed. Most of the idiots who reviewed it are noobs who shouldn't be reviewing fighting games, but ultimately it's metacritic score is only a bit lower than I would have given it after having it for months, so a lot of them got lucky and gave it around the review it deserved anyways, just for **** reasons.

I like how you said it's not worth $60 yet it's a 8/10 somehow.

You should work for IGN.
#52ZidaneskiPosted 2/5/2013 10:03:27 PM
The game is really fun to play but when everyone starts to exploit everything they possibly can (Drake loop, Raiden loop, giga punch, barrels, air soldiers, neutral square, cakes, shield glitch, sniper, suck cannon, mochi float, Wave Concurssor, laggy hat throw, empty cancel loop, axe throw) it takes the fun out and turns it into a chore.
#53Odyssey92Posted 2/5/2013 10:22:25 PM
SilentProtag posted...
MajesticFerret posted...
1. This game is financially doing quite well, aside from the fact these are one of those games that people eventually break down and get after hearing good word of mouth, not buy day one.

2. This game probably deserves the reviews it got TBH. Reviews bashed it for all the wrong reasons, but ultimately, it's a 8/10 in my book. Roster is too small, lacks iconic characters, and it isn't that balanced. In general, it lacks the content to be sold for 60 compared to other fighting games on the market.

In general, I'm not really sure if I would have paid 60 at launch if I knew it would drop in price so quickly, which in all honestly is probably the realistic price for how much it took to make the game.

So no, the game wasn't poorly received or "poorly" reviewed. Most of the idiots who reviewed it are noobs who shouldn't be reviewing fighting games, but ultimately it's metacritic score is only a bit lower than I would have given it after having it for months, so a lot of them got lucky and gave it around the review it deserved anyways, just for **** reasons.

I like how you said it's not worth $60 yet it's a 8/10 somehow.

You should work for IGN.

Journey cost much less and it's average was at a 9.

so your point?
---
TKB