Can we tweet flood Santa Monica to make Abe DLC?

#1SelitePosted 2/5/2013 3:21:28 PM
Show support for such a great character and show how much we want him?
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#2wwinterj25Posted 2/5/2013 3:23:27 PM
Thing is it might not be cancelled per say I believe they are looking into DLC plans. I'm sure they will keep the work done on Abe for if/when they need it.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#3christiankid7Posted 2/5/2013 3:25:00 PM
Hey, its working for UMVC3, Capcom and Marvel are at least listening to us for that. I think if we want DLC/stages/characters/balance patches, we're gonna have to ask SSM for it.......
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#4toad133Posted 2/5/2013 3:25:05 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Thing is it might not be cancelled per say I believe they are looking into DLC plans. I'm sure they will keep the work done on Abe for if/when they need it.

Oddworld devs confirmed the work on Abe is cancelled. It's likely Sony doesn't think his inclusion will drive sales.

A tweet flood could help sway attitudes, but at the same time, Santa Monica isn't as transparent as Superbot, and is more closed off from fans.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#5Selite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:26:20 PM
christiankid7 posted...
Hey, its working for UMVC3, Capcom and Marvel are at least listening to us for that. I think if we want DLC/stages/characters/balance patches, we're gonna have to ask SSM for it.......

I haven't kept up to date with UMvC3 for a while, what's happening now?
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#6SilentProtagPosted 2/5/2013 3:27:04 PM
Honestly, Abe was almost as bad of a DLC decision as Emmet Graves. I know some people like his character, but just because he has a side scrolling 3D model does not mean 'OMG HE'S PERFECT FOR PSA'.

The target audience of this game probably doesn't even know what Oddworld is. I know I didn't until you guys were talking about it here. Maybe older gamers are more familiar with him.

but in my opinion adding Abe over some RPG character is just another smack in the face and shows out of touch they are. SuperBot made bad decisions to the bitter end.
#7Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 3:27:26 PM
toad133 posted...
wwinterj25 posted...

Oddworld devs confirmed the work on Abe is cancelled. It's likely Sony doesn't think his inclusion will drive sales.

A tweet flood could help sway attitudes, but at the same time, Santa Monica isn't as transparent as Superbot, and is more closed off from fans.

Superbot was transparent? @_@ They claimed to have community managers like Seth and clock, but I never once saw those guys talking to anyone on a forum, or facebook, or twitter.

HA! Remember Sid Shuman? He was more transparent than the entirety of Superbot! At least he was honest, and told us 20 characters was the launch roster! Superbot was just gonna have us believe there were more until we bought the game. : /
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#8taoxadasaPosted 2/5/2013 3:27:54 PM
I'm up for it. He needs to be in this game dangit.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#9StormBlitzPosted 2/5/2013 3:33:18 PM
I will do the opposite and ask for Lightning.
---
Lightning is better than Tomba, Abe, Ty, Gex, Croc and Vivi
#10ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/5/2013 3:35:43 PM
Selite posted...
christiankid7 posted...

I haven't kept up to date with UMvC3 for a while, what's happening now?

Absolutely nothing. They basically just said "we'll talk to the higher ups and see what happens"

In other words, just more corporate PR damage control. People are just making it sound bigger than what it really is.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying