Honestly, even Kat wasn't all that great of a DLC choice

#1ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/5/2013 3:50:47 PM
It was just a very loud, very vocal group of people on forums who kept bringing her up. The vast majority of people outside of the internet literally have no clue who she even is.

She's from a fairly new game on a system that sold badly, added to another game that sold equally as badly. Where's the logic in that?

I'm aware she made an appearance in HS Golf as well, big deal.

I'll probably get told off for this by a lot of people here, but ehh, whatevs.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#2SilentProtagPosted 2/5/2013 3:52:05 PM
You're not wrong. She's not as horrible of a choice as Emmet and Abe, but there's so many better options.
#3wwinterj25Posted 2/5/2013 3:54:59 PM
I think the first DLC characters are not that great in name to be honest. However they are free for two weeks(I hope) so that's cool. The game needs bigger names though if Sony want folk to pay for the DLC and maybe sell more of the game.

I'll buy any DLC because I love the game but I'm not everyone so big names are needed. Even if SM look at upcoming games like Castlevania: LOS 2 I'd be happy to have Gabriel in here.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 3:55:03 PM
As someone that really wanted Kat and peed my pants when she got in, I agree. If Superbot thought that announcing free DLC for Kat and Emmett was going to convince people who were on the fence, they were wrong. : /

This is why I respect Sakurai. He gets inundated with ridiculous, inane requests for Smash Bros all the time, and he drowns those out. Look at people's wishlists for Brawl and you'll puke inside of your mouth - the roster he gave us was almost perfect, as far as fan service and covering important IPs goes. (The one exception was that he should've put the Animal Crosser in, instead of R.O.B.... but there are reasons the AC wasn't playable, and that's fine).

Superbot really seemed very weak-willed. They got walked over by third parties and turned their game into a half-baked advertisement for DmC and MGR, and then they allowed fans to convince them that putting Kat into the game would make it all right.

C'mon, guys. @_@
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 2/5/2013 3:56:31 PM
gravity rush is niche as hell but damn is it good. hopefully more people buy gravity rush..its almost worth buying the whole ps vita for. almost....the rest of the games suck too bad :( i guess you can get the AA uncharted golden abyss and call it a day.
#6blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 3:58:27 PM
I've been saying this from the beginning.

Neither Kat nor Emmet are good choices. Both of their games sold poorly albeit for different reasons and neither were highly requested, it was just a vocal minority as you said.

I'm just looking forward to them because of the gameplay.
#7Ludacris01Posted 2/5/2013 3:59:20 PM
I told my friends when Kat was announced, and they all said "who the **** is that". She's the star of Gravity Rush, I say, to which they respond with "what the **** is Gravity Rush".

My gfs little bro who is 14 was really hyped for DLC was disappointed when he learned that Crash wasn't in, but some random anime looking chick from the Vita was.

And then there are the horrors I face as a GameStop employee, trying to get people to buy All Stars, and having to explain what this game is, who Kat is, what Gravity Rush is, and why they should care about any of those, ughh
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#8christiankid7Posted 2/5/2013 3:59:51 PM
They stated that Emmett and Kat weren't really chosen for their popularity but because they offered two moveset styles that PSASBR didn't have.
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#9Chzrm3Posted 2/5/2013 4:00:12 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
gravity rush is niche as hell but damn is it good. hopefully more people buy gravity rush..its almost worth buying the whole ps vita for. almost....the rest of the games suck too bad :( i guess you can get the AA uncharted golden abyss and call it a day.

Oh sick, you played GR? Yeah, that game's awesome. : D I got my Vita right when the hurricane hit, so I'm sitting there in the blackout just flying around in this magical city. It was pretty memorable. XD

If you haven't played Persona 4 and you like RPGs, you'd probably love P4:G.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#10blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 4:01:44 PM(edited)
christiankid7 posted...
They stated that Emmett and Kat weren't really chosen for their popularity but because they offered two moveset styles that PSASBR didn't have.

Lol what?

Have you seen Emmet's gameplay trailer?

Literally most of his moveset seems to be a slight tweak on pre-existing moves in the game.

No, he got in because he's another SM character like Fat Princess. So developer bias.