Honestly, even Kat wasn't all that great of a DLC choice

#31blaze19_0XPosted 2/5/2013 4:41:47 PM
You somehow completely missed the point.
#32chocolatemc42Posted 2/5/2013 4:43:36 PM
SilentProtag posted...
You're not wrong. She's not as horrible of a choice as Emmet and Abe, but there's so many better options.

Abe's IN???
---
Not changing this sig till we get a proper Mega Man sequel!
PSN: Michael_Thomas09
#33ImDyinSquirtle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:48:03 PM
toad133 posted...

It 'can be', but that doesn't mean it actually happened. If you look at Kat's trailer she doesn't play like any other character on the roster. They could have just given her a double jump if they wanted, but they instead gave her an 8 way air dash. Design touches like that makes her stand out and more interesting compared to everyone else in the cast.

They sell Kat as unique because she clearly is. You're thinking too hard yourself.

You aren't getting it.

They did not add Kat because she was the only character they could have given an air dash.

She was added for another reason, whatever reason that may be.

Nobody said "we should add Kat to this game, she can have an air dash and be combo oriented"
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#34SnovvbubPosted 2/5/2013 4:57:08 PM
Gravity Rush does not deserve a rep. Literally the only thing good about it was the environment. Just so much spoiled potential.

The gameplay was repetitive. Really repetitive. Ground combat had tons of variety, but there is next to no ground combat to begin with, it's all air. So you have two gameplay options:

- Spam flying kicks until the auto-aim works and you don't get interrupted from hitting a fly.

- Use stasis and turn the game into a third person shooter, then go up and down and up and down for chairs you can throw.

The story was god-awful. I didn't expect much from it, but it just went all over the place, and then suddenly ended. No questions asked, just suddenly everyone starts eating ice cream.

Kat is an incredibly boring lead. She was fresh and original starting out, but her sheer ignorance and failing attempts at being an unreliable narrator make me wish I could play as Raven or something.

The enemies... I don't even need to dwell on this one. They look like stick figures and it's just "hit the glowy spot" formula every damn time.

The environments are quite fascinating, save the bland areas such as the inferno, but exploring these areas could be a chore with the limited Gravity meter and clunky controls. However, I still had fun sliding along the sides of the monorail tracks and whatnot.

Tl;dr Gravity Rush does not deserve to rep the Vita in any scenario, and I really don't know why some people on this board genuinely think that Gravity Rush is the best game for the Vita, let alone deserves anything for being a waste of potential that costs $40.
---
<Starfire for Injustice - Gods Among Us>
InFAMOUS 1 >>> InFAMOUS 2
#35Lexmark1989Posted 2/5/2013 5:01:45 PM
SilentProtag posted...
You're not wrong. She's not as horrible of a choice as Emmet and Abe, but there's so many better options.

Naw not really, she's first party and it got people to know who she is. Name these so many better options.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#36Lexmark1989Posted 2/5/2013 5:09:37 PM(edited)
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
It was just a very loud, very vocal group of people on forums who kept bringing her up. The vast majority of people outside of the internet literally have no clue who she even is.

Which is what it always is for fans when it comes for characters. The vast majority of people didn't know this game existed anyway so in the end why does this even matter? May as well give people the characters that they want who actually bought the game or wanted to buy it.

Snovvbub posted...
Tl;dr Gravity Rush does not deserve to rep the Vita in any scenario, and I really don't know why some people on this board genuinely think that Gravity Rush is the best game for the Vita, let alone deserves anything for being a waste of potential that costs $40.

It could have been better yes, but its still the best game on vita and most of what you said is subjective. Honestly this is really just a character bashing topic, because all I see is the same exact people bashing kat that would have in any topic.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#37JayXZPosted 2/5/2013 5:13:57 PM
They both are PlayStation exclusive, and first party, making them easier to obtain.

If these two characters are so undeserving, would you rather have no new DLC as opposed to these two?
#38raymk23Posted 2/5/2013 5:17:46 PM
SilentProtag posted...

14: Provisional (5)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 4 topics, 40 messages per day

Yep not suspicious at all >_>. Besides that you say that there are so many better options like so many and name none at all.
---
Its always darkest before the dawn!
#39SnovvbubPosted 2/5/2013 5:18:12 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
It was just a very loud, very vocal group of people on forums who kept bringing her up. The vast majority of people outside of the internet literally have no clue who she even is.

Which is what it always is for fans when it comes for characters. The vast majority of people didn't know this game existed anyway so in the end why does this even matter? May as well give people the characters that they want who actually bought the game or wanted to buy it.

Snovvbub posted...

It could have been better yes, but its still the best game on vita and most of what you said is subjective. Honestly this is really just a character bashing topic, because all I see is the same exact people bashing kat that would have in any topic.

First time I've ever really spoken about GR, so... Generalizations, eh? :/

Oh, and LittleBigPlanet Vita, Persona 4 Golden and Uncharted: Golden Abyss say hi.
---
<Starfire for Injustice - Gods Among Us>
InFAMOUS 1 >>> InFAMOUS 2
#40FishyGoodness12Posted 2/5/2013 5:18:55 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
gravity rush is niche as hell but damn is it good. hopefully more people buy gravity rush..its almost worth buying the whole ps vita for. almost....the rest of the games suck too bad :( i guess you can get the AA uncharted golden abyss and call it a day.

Disgaea 3
Persona 4 Golden
New Little King's Story
Ragnarok Odyssee
Ogrerhythm

What are you talking about?
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.