Ew...i just heard that Abe was the March future DLC that got canned?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 2/5/2013 5:01:50 PM(edited)
thank god santa monica canceled that, and here i was getting excited for the possibilities of whos next. with continued dlc like that, the game would surely die off fast. not to be rude to oddworld fans, but now we're leaving the comfort zone with niche characters, and going SUPER niche...i dont know a single person who played that game. I mean gravity rush is niche, but its really really good and it deserves to get more fans, but oddworld? i dont even think that series has much of a following at all..i see like 1-2 ppl begging for abe on twitter......lol 1-2 ppl.
#2Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:06:31 PM(edited)
considering medevil is more popular than oddworld, and i barely see any sir dan, he'd prob be sorta like that character. honestly theres no income to be made off of this character whatsoever. unless he is completely free, then hes a waste of time.
#3SilentProtagPosted 2/5/2013 5:06:31 PM
Yeah, it probably is like a few very loud, vocal people asking for him. I don't know anyone who has played oddworld either.
#4AndKevinBaconPosted 2/5/2013 5:06:53 PM
More requested than Big Daddy.
#5SilentProtagPosted 2/5/2013 5:07:55 PM
AndKevinBacon posted...
More requested than Big Daddy.

at least people look at Big Daddy and immediately think 'Bioshock'.

hell Abe doesn't even have an interesting design. just wtf?
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:09:39 PM(edited)
well big daddy isnt played either, game coulda done without him. i like the characters for their playstyle and i wouldnt mind abe, IF HE WAS FREE, but whos going to pay for a character like that outside of diehard fans of oddworld? i still think theyd have to convince half of the people to buy katt and emmett if they werent free, and theyre in more known series at least. most people have at least heard about starhawk and gravity rush. oddworld is ...really out there.
#7taoxadasaPosted 2/5/2013 5:13:46 PM
Around 64,000 like Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee on Facebook. (two pages)

Around 32,000 like MediEvil on Facebook. (two pages)

Around 20,000 like Ape Escape/Ape Escape 2 (5 pages)

Around 18,000 like Parappa the Rapper (4 pages)

I know facebook isn't the best way to judge popularity of games, but you get the idea. It's not as unknown as you think.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#8Charizard18Posted 2/5/2013 5:13:53 PM
Wait, wut? Canned DLC? I just got here, what happened, did Santa Monica already give up on supporting the game? Man, that was fast.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#9KindertotenwaldPosted 2/5/2013 5:38:56 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
well big daddy isnt played either, game coulda done without him. i like the characters for their playstyle and i wouldnt mind abe, IF HE WAS FREE, but whos going to pay for a character like that outside of diehard fans of oddworld? i still think theyd have to convince half of the people to buy katt and emmett if they werent free, and theyre in more known series at least. most people have at least heard about starhawk and gravity rush. oddworld is ...really out there.

Points to sig, and i play him damn well if i say so myself.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance